Cali Kid Corals

Lordhelmets Temp Tank.

LordHelmet

Supporting Member
I like this idea of having a thread about ones tank so I thought I would add mine into this great list.

Currently I am (still) in the process of a larger upgrade so this has been a temp home for my inhabitants.
It's just a standard 75, I have it lit with 4 54w T5's. skimmed with an ASM G2. I started up my first cal reactor about 4 months ago and have had a tough time getting it right. my cal stays about 410 but my alk is sometimes up to 16dkh.

I have been having a major problem in the past few weeks with several large SPS colonies bleaching and some smaller LPS colonies melting away that i attributed to my high alk. to help with that i did 2 30gal water changes in 5 days and have since seen my sps coloring back up.

here are a few older shots that I'm sure i have shown somewhere. right now the tank is in no way photo ready.
Picture229.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture334.jpg

he doesn't touch the aiptasia. he doesn't touch anything else as well so I'll keep him.

I'm not sure the 180 may happen anymore. 120 is probably closer to what will happen. :(

Yeah, that's a bummer!

Hopefully you can get a 120 running sooner rather than later. As always, let me know if you need a hand.

Update time.

with all the water changes and new T-5's the tank is starting to look better. Although my ability to dial in my Cal reactor still have not reached perfection I am happy to say that cal is staying at 370 to 380 mark and Dkh is around 12. Much better in my book.

left side
Picture083.jpg

more to the right
Picture081.jpg

jeremy's DBTC
Picture082.jpg

my newest coral.
Picture073.jpg

and a shot of my childrens nano some clowns from fingerwrinkles.
Picture085.jpg

Chris

here are a couple pics from last night.
Galaxia sweepers. they were about 6" long.
Picture004.jpg

close up of frogspawn.
Picture014.jpg

FTS
Picture020.jpg

in the next few weeks i will be doing some MAJOR remodeling. I will be getting rid of about 40lbs of LR (the ones with the weeds on then) and making a lot of swimming space. then i will be cleaning up my wireing and making the tank look much more presentable as this is going to be my main tank for some time now.

after losing countless frags to being knocked over by hermits and being stung by clove polyps or xenia. i Broke down and made a tiny frag area in my sump. it measures 10" by 14". I seam to have tossed out my maxijet holders since i modded most of them, so you can see the high tech replacement. The section is lit by a 150w jbj viper pendent with a 14k phoenix bulb. I'm actually quite proud of it. no more lost frags.
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

When I made it I thought "man this thing is never gonna be full" now after all this dbtc love I'm already looking to make a 20x20x12 frag tank to the right of my 75. :)

Back