Cali Kid Corals

MACNA 2014!

As much as I would like to go, I just can't justify the cost for just 3 days (or a weekend), and my job won't let me take a whole week off at that time of the year.

I wish. Baby girl is due a couple days after. Maybe MACNA 2015 will be in California (crosses fingers). I've never been to MACNA. :(

Afraid you'll probably never see it in California again. There's only a few clubs that have it together enough to run such an event, and the ones that can are either in a too costly of location to host one, or they have their own much larger event. It takes a very large nest eggs, tens of thousands, to get MACNA off the ground. It's a multi year operation, and takes a ton of boots on the ground to promote it nationally.

SD tried again this year, and their bid was too high.

Edited for MASNA

Last edited:
Thought that was a temp shut down due to needing to remodel, or some whoha like that.... yeah, I got like 5 words into the article and got pulled away :lol:

I was just curious if anyone else from the club besides me, Denzil, and Brandie were planning to go. I just booked my flight! :)

Do you think you can check out some Deltec Skimmers for me? just want to see if they have any new models on their TC lineup of skimmers :) thanks!

Do you think you can check out some Deltec Skimmers for me? just want to see if they have any new models on their TC lineup of skimmers :) thanks!

Deltec isn't on the line-up. They may be a part of a distributor booth though. They almost always launch at Interzoo if its an Interzoo year (every other year) and this year was a Interzoo year.

I just asked Jake Adams... he said the booth at Interzoo was pretty much empty and they didn't launch any new TC skimmers... to top it off, they will not be at MACNA. Sorry

Hey all!

I will be attending MACNA. This will be my first time; I thought it would be a good idea considering I am a Bay Area aquarium start-up.

Any meet-ups planned?

Best,
Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all!

I will be attending MACNA. This will be my first time; I thought it would be a good idea considering I am a Bay Area aquarium start-up.

Any meet-ups planned?

Best,
Kent
It will be my first time going to MACNA too. I'm sure we can plan some sort of meet-up, but nothing has been planned yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back