got ethical husbandry?

MACNA 2014!

I didn't bring back anything worth noting... just a couple RBTAs that barely made it alive since the source wasn't ideal. My initial RBTA that I got from this guy melted over the weekend and while he wouldn't give me a refund, he comp'd me by giving me two other RBTAs.
Are the two that you ended up with still alive?

Gatorades

Chiquita

Flaming Bugatti on top and USC Rainbow Breeze on bottom

Cornbred Colors on the left and Unknown Pink Rainbow on the right

Ok, so you guys asked for photos, so here ya go!

Lily wanted to go to MACNA, but unfortunately she had to stay at home. Erin watched her and the tanks for me :)

The company I got my seahorses from.

Rock flower anemones.

Longfin clowns

Cool reef-themed jewelry

I got octopus and seahorse earrings.

I also got an awesome hand painted pygmy seahorse hat and a funny T-shirt.

The back of my new shirt :)

Really cool 3rd Edition of Darwin's Coral Reefs

Tortoise eating cat food during the Denver Aquarium's presentation.

Boa at the Denver Aquarium's presentation.

Me with Redneck from ATM

Me with Michael from Aqua Craft (they put out one of the free magazines that you find locally)

Awesome new media reactor that I bought.

The reception...gambling for raffle tickets!

Jokes from the banquet.

My favorite booth! I've decided to start a cold water tank when I have time in a couple months.

Out with friends in Denver.

View from the rooftop patio of the bar we went to.

Awesome whiskey cocktails.

Getting lunch at the Taste of Colorado festival.

This is how I packed up my corals to get them home. I picked them up Sunday during the morning/afternoon and had them in my tank at midnight. I had a small heatpack wrapped in a towel in the tupperware and then put the tupperware in my checked bag.

Opening it up when I got home. Always a good sign when corals are open in the bags!

Acclimating the new additions.

Bicolor Frogspawn

New scoly

Scoly in the tank at MACNA

New acans (ignore the bad lighting and dirty glass)

More new acans and a micromussa mini colony

Superman rhodactis

Ok fine, we'll believe you probably were at MACNA now...

One thing that I always wondered about, with so many booths and stuff for sale, why isn't admission cheaper?

Ok fine, we'll believe you probably were at MACNA now...

One thing that I always wondered about, with so many booths and stuff for sale, why isn't admission cheaper?
As long as you pay in advance before the ticket price goes up, I honestly think admission is really cheap. I only paid $99 and that included the reception that they put on in the Denver Opera House. I'm sure that event wasn't cheap considering the venue they rented out and the event company they hired to do the gambling tables. There was also catered buffet lines and servers circulating with hors d'oeuvres the whole night, oh and free beer. The ticket also included the banquet dinner, which was a whole meal including bread, salad, an entree, and dessert. Considering the cost of just those two events, $99 for a 3 day pass really isn't a bad price!

I'm glad you all believe that I went to MACNA now, haha! It really was a ton of fun!

Awesome pics Felicia! Looks like u guys had a lot of fun... How much was the media reactor?
The media reactor was on special at the show for $88 including the first set of media. Not too bad since you just need an MJ 600 or 1200 and you're set. I think they said the price after MACNA will normally be $125 with the first set of media.

Reactions: Nav
Hmm, don't know why I thought it was closer to $160 for the 3 days, without any food/dinner. Of course I really only have something like Reefapalooza to compare to, which cost $5 with a coupon :) Granted it's a completely different beast but still manages to pack 2 days(??) into an affordable venue... that or they're charging the booth people up the wazzoo compared to MACNA :D

One of these days I'll go... maybe... if it ever isn't during a time when both my wife and I can not take a weekend off.

Back