Jestersix

Manifold

I would think it might be a hassle to make and install a manifold when a tank is already plumbed and running. Manifolds allow you to power the returns, reactors, fuge, etc, all from one return pump

Is there any advantage to building a manifold for my sump?

What are you trying to accomplish by doing so? No one can tell you if there's an advantage if we don't know what you're actually trying to do. Adding a reactor, removing multiple pumps running reactors, adding an external fuge, etc., etc.?

I would think it might be a hassle to make and install a manifold when a tank is already plumbed and running. Manifolds allow you to power the returns, reactors, fuge, etc, all from one return pump

I don't think it's any more or less of a hassle...done it myself before. Even easier if you made sure to use unions in key locations.

Last edited:
Manifolds are nice if you need water movement in a lot of places.

I need to get a bigger pump and build a manifold. One line for the return, reactors and one to feed a remote refugium (I haven't built yet).

Often it's best to run a manifold off a secondary pump rather than off the return pump for providing water to various items in your sump (assuming that's what you're talking about), and a good DC pump will allow you to run it low if you don't have a lot of stuff to deal with

Back