May Get Together Hosted by Roostertech 12-3pm

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Apr 25, 2017.

By tankguy on Apr 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  1. tankguy

tankguy BOD

MayBARgathering.png

Our May get together is on a different weekend this time around. It will be at Roostertech's house on May 20th and well be making frag disk. Pot luck lunch is at 12 and disk making starts at 1pm. Materials will be supplied by the club. Personally Ive never done this before so if your attending and know what to do you would be a huge help. Rooster will post his address. We've had get togethers there before. A huge thank you to Roostertech for hosting

Coral reefer likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. L/B Block
      L/B Block
      Holy smokes ya'll are nice! We have some serious pay it forward in our future!

Lawrence forgot to keep track of who to thank for what, and exactly what he brought home. But the tank is looking more amazing every day.

Help with ID would be awesome.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2. RandyC
      RandyC
      1 - Orange Setosa Montipora
      2 - Brown Montipora Cap
    3. L/B Block
      L/B Block
      Are those both from you? And thank you so much! We are both still stunned at the generosity.

Lawrence is planning our frag tank now.

4. RandyC
      RandyC
      Yup. No worries!
      L/B Block likes this.
    5. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      #3 is bubble algae...jk it's some kind of zoa and #4 looks like a rhodactis mushroom.
      L/B Block likes this.
    6. tankguy
      tankguy
      Our get together was pretty funny. It turned into more of a frag trade/giveaway event with food. I think around 2 or so Peter started making disks. Either way everybody seemed to enjoy the afternoon. Special thanks to Roostertech for letting us hang out and also a huge thanks to Peter's dad Mark for getting the materials
    7. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Agreed. I know I enjoyed it. Always fun to talk with fellow reefers. And Phuong is a great host! Thanks!
    8. 2manyhobbies
      2manyhobbies
      You know, after watching the members and seeing them interact, questions being answered and all of the food, maybe we should hold a picnic sometime in the future. Find a nice park where kids can play, grownups can talk and we can enjoy some fabulous food and drinks. And it would be a great way to get to know each other and find out all of our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the reef. It would also give the spouses and significant others a chance to talk about stuff other that "The Reef Aquarium".

It is something to think about for the future.
      Ashalye, Wlachnit, Newjack and 3 others like this.
    9. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      That or a club trip to Vegas.
    10. tankguy
      tankguy
      That would be dangerous. I know some great hideouts that could lead to trouble
    11. L/B Block
      L/B Block
      I can just see the justification now to the spouse-"uh, yea, we are going to check out the aquarium at Mandalay Bay"

12. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      And the Mirage!
    13. L/B Block
      L/B Block
      They have fish? I just remember the white tigers

14. Newjack
      Newjack
      they have ATM out there also, the acrylic tank manufacturers that do the TV show tanked.
      We could check out their facilitiy.
    15. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Tigers are still there, but they've moved to a gorgeous habitat called Te Secret Garden. Siegfried spends every day there talking to people and taking selfies with them. The tank is a 20,000 gallon reef tank behind the check-in area.
    16. rygh
      rygh
      Definitely a fun potluck. It is good to get together, whatever the excuse.
      I was wondering if any frags would really be made, since I had to leave "early" 1.5 hours in, and no sign
      of anything starting. :)
    17. L/B Block
      L/B Block
      I think because I never ever stayed there I always missed it. I'll have to get a selfie next time.

18. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      He's fun to talk to actually. An "old-school" gentleman that's been around Vegas forever.
    19. JVU
      JVU
      The calendar shows June meeting as a Monterrey Bay Aquarium tour. Is that still the plan? Any details yet? I imagine I'm not the only one who loves the Aquarium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    20. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      No work
      Has been done to make the Monterey bay tour happen. I am unable to Put in much time currently. It would be a fun trip for sure, but planning needs to happen asap.