Cali Kid Corals

Melly Mel's 85 tall reef

Hi everyone! Been meaning to post up a build for my tank. Well, not really a build but just post up my tank. Been up for over 2 years now. Just got into SPS beginning of this year and so far so good. Tank is 36"x18"x36". For lighting I was running 2x250w reeflux 12k on icecaps. Just switched to radiums last week and man what a difference in colors! I really like the reeflux too but wanted to see how the radiums look. I'm thinking of doing one lamp reeflux 12k and the other side with the radium. I will see how that combo looks later this week.

For flow I'm running a k4, k3 and tunze....6025 i think. :~
for filtration im running a BM160. Sump has no fuge. Been dwelling on the idea of adding one but everythings been pretty stable so since it aint broke, I'll fix it later!

I lost my colonies of ora green birdsnest, pink birdnest, potato chip, and purple stylo this past summer. I was going to leave the hobby and started neglecting my tank due to working 2 jobs. I stopped doing water changes (big mistake on my part). I think the heat did more damage to my tank rather than not doing water changes tho. I'm glad i didnt get rid of it because my schedule started to ease up and I had time for my tank again so i started getting parameters back up, cleaned tank up, started weekly water changes till parameters were back in check.

Here are some recent shots.
PB290140.jpg

PB290141.jpg

PB290144.jpg

PB290157.jpg

PB290158.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics! Let me know what i can improve on, if i should change my rockwork etc.

I can also use some suggestions on livestock i can get to fill in the many gaps i need to cover! Thank Ladies and gents! hope you like it! Certainly not to Par with ALOT of your tanks here but hopefully one day i can be up there with the big boys...and girls! :bigsmile: Enjoy!

Thanks JAR! its 36" long 18" deep 36" tall. Planning out a new tank 48"x24"x24 or 48"x30"x20" acrylic but can't find a local builder willing to do it rimless. Oh yeah, I havent forgotten about the purple monti, I just need to plan out a trip up to your area. =)

Nice blenny, is he always out in front for pics? Are those red/ pink aussie acans on the left side half way between waterline & sand? Green birdsnest grows like a weed in my tank, if you want a piece I'll bring you one. I'll be at dec. meeting.

Thanks Cookiejar! The blenny always comes out ready for pics when i get the camera! lol! Not sure what kind of acans they are but here is a closer pic of when i got them.
newcoral003.jpg

They lost there color a while ago but starting to come back since i got my parameters back on track. It has also tripled in size since. Also, im waiting to see how it does since i moved it from the sandbed to its current location.
As for the green birdsnest, id love a piece but i wont be attending the meeting. I work most saturdays so kinda hard for me to commit. Maybe i can pick up from you? your in mt.view or sunnyvale right?

JAR said:
Tank Tour or Dec meeting would work.

Sorry, I wont be attending either. :( Hopefully by January or Febuary My weekends will free up and we can met at one of the meetings then? Or if i have a free weekend prior to that I will schedule a time to come by your place.

Back