High Tide Aquatics

Mighty Magnets Pre-Order Special

Hi All,

I am about to place an order for some of these. You can take advantage of shipping discount by hitching your order with ours! Prices are as followed:

F-1 - $83.99
F-2 - $121.95
F-4 - $180.00
ALGAE DOZIER (SMALL) - $5.50
ALGAE DOZIER (MEDIUM) - $5.75
ALGAE CUTTER SOCK - $5.75
PAD SET A (10-PAK) - $25.00
PAD SET B (10-PAK) - $27.00

The above prices are your final prices. This is not walk-in prices so if you want to save a few bucks and would like to hitch your order, please let us know by 12PM this Friday.

Unfortunately, this must be pre-paid so please PM me or email us @ sales@neptuneaquatics.com to arrange for payment.

Thanks,
Robert and Cerissa

Bryan, are these the magnets that we talked about when I was over at your house the other day? Do they clean off coralline algae? I know my mag float can eliminate new coralline algae after a few scrubs but does nothing to the older, thicker buildup of coralline algae.

I'm tempted to try this out since I have coralline algae everywhere. But can you order custom sizes as well? I only have a 20 gallon tank. Or do you think the F1 would be fine?

DurTBear said:
I'm tempted to try this out since I have coralline algae everywhere. But can you order custom sizes as well? I only have a 20 gallon tank. Or do you think the F1 would be fine?

Hi Durwin,

The site says the following:
F-1 & M-1 (scrub pad size 3-1/4" x 4-1/2")
Recommended for 1/4"-5/8" aquarium wall thickness.

I'm going to be using this scrub pad for my 14gal biocube as well. I haven't used this at all either, so I cannot confirm this yet.

What's the difference between the sock and the algae dozier? I thought the algae dozier was used on coralline algae.

Cerissa, I'm hoping to make a decision on the magnet soon. Just trying to decide if it's worth it right now or not. But the stock market was good to me today so I might just pull the trigger anyway! I'll let you know soon!

I use the sock for removing algae and newly formed green coraline, the algae dozer however has removed thick purple coraline from my front panel that had been there for months

What size is the ALGAE CUTTER SOCK or it's just one size? Will this work well with the Hammerhead magnet? BTW, I have glass tank.
Thanks!

Thanks Jeremy, are you talking about the Algae Dozier or cutter Sock? There is size selection for the Dozier but not the Cutter..

The sock, they are kinda flexible so they'd fit a few different sizes I reckon.

BTW, anyone that plans on using the sock, it's good to replace them every now and again the weave can get a little dull making it difficult to get those pesky little circular brown diatoms more difficult to remove.

Also, I do use them along the sand line and routinely get sand into the weave, somehow they don't really scratch up acrylic. Not that they are perfect, but I've found that I'm better off pushing the sand back from the acrylic and wiping rather than doing the same with a scraper, the scraper pushes the sand into the acrylic making for much deeper scratches.

Back