Cali Kid Corals

Mighty Magnets

OMFG! Amazing. Truly worth every cent.

I haven't cleaned my tank for about 3 weeks. 1-2 passes with the brown pad and the tank is clean. Hard brown spot algae and green spot algae came off like butter. <1minute of cleanliness used to take me WAY longer between that little blue scraper + algae pad. The tank is acrylic, but even if it were glass (I used to have one too), this would have way faster.

Thank you Jeremy for directing me this way!

Thank you Rick for the amazing product!

How do they compare to the Mag Float magnets and are there any scratching issues for glass tanks? i've got mag floats that work ok, but for the brown spot algae I always need to get out a razor blade, which can scratch if I'm not careful. maybe I'm due for a mighty magnet upgrade- where are they sold?

The higher end magnets are in a whole other class than the magfloats, unfortunately they're also quite a bit more pricey.

You glass scratches with a razor? Something is seriously wrong with your glass then or you're pushing WAY to hard.

I completely agree. Ian recommended it to me last month. So, I ordered the coralline remover pad. My side walls were almost completely covered with coralline algea. After a couple of passing, it was cleaned off. Amazing product!

Can't compare to any scratch free acrylic pad I have tried. I highly recommend it. Thanks Ian for recommending it to me

Since I apparently like spending $$$ and helping the economy I just ordered one.

I like the Algae Free magnet cleaner; however the wood doesn't like getting water dripped on it and it's hard to get to the edges of the aquarium

I have the great white algea cleaner. It rated for 1 inch thick acrylic and its no comparison. hands down Mighty magnets so far is the best. I heard the mighty magnet sock works nice as well.

They are the best investment I've made for my business, especially equipped with the super algae sock, that thing rocks. For day to day on smaller tanks the Mag Floats etc. are fine, but if you want to cut through and have a product that lasts a lifetime the Mighty Magnets rule.

So Jeremy do you have a bunch of them for the various sized tanks you work with? Or do you simply use a spacer or something and only use a big one?

I use the MF-2 (the old f-2) it cleans up to 1" thick with the super algae sock, if you use the other pads it's not quite aggressive enough, the sock is the key. One nice thing about the sock is I have yet to scratch a tank with it, even if I get sand trapped underneath it, the sand tends to make its way into the weave rather than of being pressed up against the acrylic like it would if it were a solid pad.

Sweet mine just shipped today :D :D

F-1 (floating) + algae sock + dozer + extra pads = F U N

I'll report back onto this thread when I get it in as both tanks at home are absolutely filthy (various stages anyway)

Back