High Tide Aquatics

Monti Eating Nudibranch Hunters: Which Wrasse

richiev

Supporting Member
As noted in my thread now titled Monti eating Nudis, I've found my main tank and possibly my QT have monti eating nudis. No idea how they got there, given I haven't added anything and I dip all the things and generally remove things from plugs, but is what it is.

I'm looking for pointers on what smaller wrasses are known to go after these buggers. Currently I'd be putting the wrasse into a Reefer 170, but a tank upgrade (like 120gal, 48x24x24'ish) is on the works. So I'm ok with something that would eventually need a tank upgrade. I don't however want a super big wrasse, just per my aesthetics and ambiguity on the timeline.

Any suggestions? I haven't found any great guidance out there on the interwebz, nor the previous BAR discussions on this. I presume that either means I'm a bad searcher today, or there's nothing that goes after them with high confidence.

This is a great article:

TLDR: Six line wrasse, Mystery wrasse, Yellow Coris wrasse, Marble wrasse, Melanurus wrasse, Leopard wrasse, Potters wrasse, and Dusky wrasse.

Some may get territorial as they turn into adults so choose wisely. My personal favorite from that list is the Mystery wrasse. Good luck!

Back