Reef nutrition

Monti eating Nudis (Was: Nudibranch ID)

richiev

Supporting Member
Seen in my frag tank on the glass today. No known issues in this tank. Approximately 1cm long. White head, white underside, brownish frills.

Tank has a sapphire damsel who I am currently giving the stink eye because he failed my expectations. Coral wise I don't have any zoas/palys, and the only montis I currently have are digis. I have a broad range of other things though.

PXL_20220710_170239697.jpg

PXL_20220710_165952312.jpg

PXL_20220710_170034008.jpg

He's currently in a jar floating if I need any further tests/pics. I also have a crappy microscope available.

Last edited:
Looks like a montipora eating nudibranch to me.
For what it’s worth, I have a pair of Springers damsels and have never seen them eat a flatworm, but I like them anyways;)

Definitely monti eating nudibranch. I just found more on my favorite Digi.

This is not my past couple weeks/months. I have no idea where these came from. I haven't added anything in probably 2 months and everything that's gone in there has been dipped.

However, I just did a manual removal after dipping, and they seem to barely react to an overdose of Coral Rx. Definitely didn't detach without manual removal. One was climbing the wall of the container after removal + 10min in a heavy dip.

I guess on a positive note, I learned about a pest in the tank, and am one step further in getting rid of them.

My QT tank is probably too small for a wrasse (the actual tank is 10gal), but if anyone has any other recommendations on what to do besides manual removals LMK.

Definitely monti eating nudibranch. I just found more on my favorite Digi.

This is not my past couple weeks/months. I have no idea where these came from. I haven't added anything in probably 2 months and everything that's gone in there has been dipped.

However, I just did a manual removal after dipping, and they seem to barely react to an overdose of Coral Rx. Definitely didn't detach without manual removal. One was climbing the wall of the container after removal + 10min in a heavy dip.

I guess on a positive note, I learned about a pest in the tank, and am one step further in getting rid of them.

My QT tank is probably too small for a wrasse (the actual tank is 10gal), but if anyone has any other recommendations on what to do besides manual removals LMK.
I'd like to offer my condolences for everything that has happened to you/your tank recently.

Back