Jestersix

Mouse's IM Nuvo Fusion 40g

Tank has been wet since 3/28/14.
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 15 :mad:

I do a 10% water change every week or every other (trying to be good about it, but I hate doing water changes). When it's every other week, I do a 20% water change.
All that's in there is one bangaii cardinal, two hermits, some gsp, and a one head hammer frag. There might be a tiny nassarius snail, but I haven't seen him in awhile. I feed the bangaii 3 mysis shrimp a day, so I know I'm not overfeeding. The nitrates are going down, it just seems to be taking forever.
The gsp has been brown, so I lowered the Kessil yesterday. It already seems to be greener.
I'm really happy with the skimmer, but I'm not sure where it's getting all the skimmate. I guess it's still from the rocks. Like I said, I don't overfeed the bangaii.

I have been pulling out about 1/2 skimmer cup every day or so with my new rock now. And it's just rock. Im sure all the tiny creatures poop too. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wanted to try out the Ergo baby carrier with Chase in it while pregnant, to see how it's going to work on Saturday at the Kessil Factory tour. I could have walked around the block, but where's the fun in that? I tested it out at Reef Raft and Neptune. :) I picked up some snails and 2 ricordias at Reef Raft and a yuma at Neptune.

edu3u4ez.jpg
pyhyqysa.jpg
y8ady5un.jpg

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with saying what you paid on the forum?
I dunno. Some forums I've been to it's frowned upon, but if it's not here, awesome!

Reef Raft:
Blue/Green w/ a pink mouth Ricorida - $80
Red/Purple Ricordia - $20
I also had a $25 off $100 coupon from their grand opening.

Neptune:
Huge Red/Purple Yuma - $39

Reactions: Nav
Yes thank the local reefer for your orange rico. The tri color one she got is a bit more rare and sought after. More colors more money. Lol

Reactions: Nav
Reefs2go is having a 50% off sale and I'm stuck on bed rest, so I bought myself some treats.
de2ehumy.jpg

a9araden.jpg
yqy5udaz.jpg

They're still opening up, but I'll get pictures when they do.
I purchased:
Blue Ricordea
Green Ricordea
Purple and Green Ricordea
Purple Glove Polyps
Australian Lord Acan (green & red)
Orange Fanta Acan
2 Banded Tiger Trochus Snails
1 Fighting Conch

I'm a little frightened by the size of the conch. I'm worried how many frags he's going to knock over. Might be a good time to start gluing corals down. He's at the bottom center of the pic, in the sand. He's gotta be 3in.
gadunure.jpg

The Trochus snails have already gotten to work. This pic is horrible, but I can't get my phone to focus on him. He's actually very pretty, my glass is not.

eneta6y7.jpg

These are horrible pictures. The acans haven't opened yet, the Purple Glove Polyps don't look so good, and the "Blue Ricordea" isn't blue (hoping it will color up).

Purple Clove Polyps
polyps.jpg

Acans
acans.jpg

Blue Ricordea & Green Ricordea
blueandgreenricordeas.jpg

Green and Purple Yuma
greenandpurpleyuma.jpg

Last edited:
When I had a conch it never seemed to bulldoze the frags. It hardly left the sand bed. I think once it was reaching up a bit.

A large blue leg hermit on the other hand......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back