Cali Kid Corals

My 40 Cube Mixed Reef

Well I have finally come close to making this my final tank until i get a bigger place.

I found a 40 gallon cube tank with dimensions 24 by 24 by 16.

I will be lighting this tank with Nova Extreme 24" 4 bulb setup.

Livestock to be determined.

This setup will be plumbed into a 20 gallon sump and be running a Euroreef Skimmer and a couple of media reactors. return pump is a Quietone 4000 plumbed externally and using a 200 watt jager heater.

Here are pictures of the tank and stand. I still need to skin the stand so it looks nicer and start getting all the plumbing complete.

100_1155.jpg

100_1156.jpg

100_1157.jpg

Nice tank man..
Will 4 bulbs good enough for a 24"D?
Are you planning to make an overflow or just leave the pipe like that??

Its 16 inches deep with 2 inches of sand. I think it should be enough.

Sorry for the dimensions its 24 wide 24 front to back and 16 inches tall.

Not yet still finishing the plumbing on it and after the Baymac i will have the T5 light fixture and start stocking this bad boy up.

Not sure what i am going to put in it.

Sorry for the lack of updates been working a lot and haven't had time to upsate this thread promise to add pictures by end of week. I have several fishes and some new corals in tank.

Well I managed to get some more pictures of my tank. Most are close ups and top down of coral and my clown hosting the Green Bubble tip Anemone.

Enjoy.

100_1863.jpg

100_1876.jpg

100_1865.jpg

100_1867.jpg

i ran out of CO2 and my alk and calcium went out of wack. Once those got off and some of the corals started RTNing it created a chain reaction. I did managed to thinned out what survived to local reefing friends who managed to save some of the pieces. I am now back online and working on my collection.

Back