Our mission

My 75G Reef Build

Looking good. If it were me, I'd give myself some room from the front and sides (at least all viewable sides) for cleaning and easier access and use the extra rock to make a few sections higher.

You may have a bad ground or just a short in your wiring some where.

I agree with Levi, move some rock away from the glass, makes cleaning the glass so much easier. Otherwise looking great!
Check if you have too much plugged into that outlet causing it to trip or if it is a GFI the MH Ballasts can trip those very easily.

hmmmm...you guys actually got a good point...maybe i was just rushing putting those rocks in and didnt think about that..good looking out guys

so i finally got my skimmer to work by lowering the entire skimmer a little bit and placing the gate valve horizontally instead of vertically...also tested the water parameters and everything looks good i think:

PH - 8.2
Salinity - 1.026
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Calcium - ~480

didnt get a chance to test for alkalinity and magnesium but will try to do today

Before we got an electrician out we were running 14.5 amps on 15 amp circuit so might be too much pull on that circuit. We installed one more 15 amp and one 20 amp outlet and no problems so far. Maybe try running some of the equip to another circuit see what happens.

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=3368.msg67624#msg67624 date=1228683437]
Before we got an electrician out we were running 14.5 amps on 15 amp circuit so might be too much pull on that circuit. We installed one more 15 amp and one 20 amp outlet and no problems so far. Maybe try running some of the equip to another circuit see what happens.
[/quote]

how did you guys go about doing that? i would love to learn how to do it but im afraid of electricity =)

some pics for you guys to look at:
100_0896.jpg

100_0898_01.jpg

100_0899_01.jpg

100_0902_01.jpg

100_0903_01.jpg

100_0901_01.jpg

couldnt get a pic of the kole tang because he was hiding behind the rocks

sadly my kole tang and blue tang had some ich and didnt make it...had the blue tang for over a year and the kole tang for a week...not only that but my icecap decided to go out today also...does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap and reliable ballast to replace it with? im running just 2 110w VHO

We didnt do the electrical ourselves. Hired someone to do it for us. He charged 65 an hour and took 2 hours from start to finish.

Icecap has 3 years warranty on their stuff. Is it out of warranty? Maybe you can send it to them to fix. Should be cheaper than buying a new one. I like Icecap ballast.

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=3368.msg69535#msg69535 date=1229321602]
We didnt do the electrical ourselves. Hired someone to do it for us. He charged 65 an hour and took 2 hours from start to finish.
[/quote]

doesnt sound too bad...do you remember who you called?

just test my Mg and my ALK/KH:
Mg = 1260ppm
Alk = 4.57
KH = 12.8dkh

how does that look and what is needed to make it better bc i know thats not the best results

What is your Ca and Ph?
BTW, by Alk do you mean meq/lt because Alk is dKh (basically, no one get into the specifics please)
Right off the bat your Alk is a little high but not dangerous yet. It will go down in time.

Scott McCabe and he is here is Salinas if you want his number pm me im not sure where you are located but if its far away maybe someone near you could recommend someone too.

I understand the Salifert kits, I have one myself. ;) Looks like your Alk and Ca are just a little high, but no problem there just stop dosing and wait for it to come down. Besides that your parameters look good. You could add some Mg, but it's within range. If you ever have questions about these three check out:
http://reef.diesyst.com/flashcalc/flashcalc.html
Hands down the best place to get you Ca/Alk/Mg balance in line.

-D

Back