High Tide Aquatics

My 90 gallon tank: video update! (with narration this time!)

Kensington Reefer said:
I'm in this over 30 years: been there, done that and bought the t-shirt and the poster!

And framed the poster behind museum glass in your study to prove you're still hip. No sorry, you're not a boomer. ;-)

Jumping straight into the deep end, I like that! Follow the advice of these guys/gals on here and you will be on your way to a sweet tank. Btw, I have 2 extra K4's if you still need extra power heads. Good luck with your build and keep us posted on updates. Oh and yes....the chromis will kill off one another after a while. I started off with 7 in my old tank and ended up with only 3 after a while.

LoL ok, so 1 Chromis! (BF wants to have something in the tank.)

I guess I will pass on the butterfly as well. I would rather put more colorful little fish then giant fish anyways. Hence all the small fish. I can't wait guys! I picked up the sump today, although there was no pump with it. How do I know what kind of return pump I need?

melly mel said:
Jumping straight into the deep end, I like that! Follow the advice of these guys/gals on here and you will be on your way to a sweet tank. Btw, I have 2 extra K4's if you still need extra power heads. Good luck with your build and keep us posted on updates. Oh and yes....the chromis will kill off one another after a while. I started off with 7 in my old tank and ended up with only 3 after a while.

Thank you! =D Weird, I just now saw your post, after I posted. I will keep you all updated, LoL, I want to make sure that I am doing this right ^.^

So I really meant to ask "So, one chromis then?" But I accidentally hit "!" instead of a "?" So, is having one chromis ok? I am really only pushing the issue because it is something that my BF really likes. All you guys out there, you all need "WAF" well, I need the BFAF. If I don't get that, I don't get the tank hahaha.

I think I may have the extra pumps already, thank you though for the offer. I believe Apon had two extras. I will be seeing him tomorrow!

Do you all have any recommendations for a swimming fish, that get long with the clowns? I was kind of hoping to have something flashy (for lack of a better word) that does lots of swimming. It's not a necessity, but it was one of those "I would like to haves.." But I didn't see anything on LA that would be good or compatible with everyone else.

You can have one chromis. There are alot of flashy swimmers that are peaceful. Might want to check out wrasses. What's flashier than a flasher wrasse :D Only problem with wrasses is they like to jump. So you would want to make a screen for the top of your tank. It's cheap and easy to make one. I think I have a picture of my tank with the screen on it in my tank journal. I have a rimless tank and it doesn't take away from the look too much.

Erick said:
You can have one chromis. There are alot of flashy swimmers that are peaceful. Might want to check out wrasses. What's flashier than a flasher wrasse :D Only problem with wrasses is they like to jump. So you would want to make a screen for the top of your tank. It's cheap and easy to make one. I think I have a picture of my tank with the screen on it in my tank journal. I have a rimless tank and it doesn't take away from the look too much.

Those are perfect!! Thank you! Hehe, now I can let him pick out two of the smaller ones xD now I have a good reason for wanting nothing but the best for this tank ;) lmao, thank you!!

Update: He just saw all his choices (I went and picked out the small, easy, peaceful ones) and I think he may just ditch the chromis. Tons more choices LoL.

Now, my question is: I know that there are some fish that should be introduced at the same time, but yet they all need to be QT'd first. What's a good in order list to do so? I will let you know what wrasses he picked out as soon as he does so. It's nice to have him just as excited about this as me now xD now, instead of eyeballing all my new equipment and giving me "the look," he's asking "Are you sure you have all of what you need? Do you need to get anything else?" xD

To avoid further confusion
I am a male homo sapien sapien...born this way, not by choice.
:)

Erin...how about a mug shot on your avatar ? That would dispel any confusion. :davie:

Kensington Reefer said:
To avoid further confusion
I am a male homo sapien sapien...born this way, not by choice.
:)

Was this directed at someone else? I don't remember mentioning sex-specific stuff, other than griping about getting talked down to at a LFS. If I did, I'm sorry. :) You have been extremely helpful as you all have, and it's killing me that I have this business trip on the 14th -___- I'm dying inside LOL. That means it won't be until the 21st until I can even think about starting this pet project. With all these awesome fish, I am going to have to figure out an awesome scape and I feel so inadequate O.O

No worries
Not directed at anyone specific
I know that the spelling of my name is cause confusion

A new (or used) book is as good as, if not better than a new fish!
And you can take it with you on you business trip

houser said:
What he's saying is he'd rather be a fish I suspect.
Just go slow. That's the secret. Extreme patience.

Slow it is. I probably won't start putting any new fish in the tank until after our trip in June. That will give the tank time to settle down and stabilize, and since there are only going to be a handful of fish, I won't have to worry about the bioload overmuch ***hopefully*** Once I come back though, it's testing time! LoL, and if everything still looks good, I will do some maintenance, wait a few days, then start looking into my list. Gives me time to put some fish money away too LOL.

Kensington Reefer said:
I saw David's (lattehiatus) 1/4" swarms of fry yesterday...and I have empty tanks!

Forum members breed Amphiprion ocellaris??? O.O

Does anyone have any recommendations for wrasses? If I got 3 smaller sized ones, and intro'd them in the tank all at the same time, would they all get along?

I think it would be wise to invest in a cheap 20 gallon tank, heater, sponge filter, & cheap light to QT new arrivals. I've heard of too many instances where hobbyist wiped out their main displays by not doing so.

Back