Jestersix

my clam family

JRocha

Supporting Member
check out 5 of my 6 clams. not a great pic but from my droid its pretty good. just wanted to share.
2010-05-13184211.jpg

all from Ocean Treasures of course. the 3 on the left are all maximas. 2 derasas, and a squamosa which is not pictured.

Beautiful clams! Can you elaborate on your phyto-feast feeding method? Do you try to target feed, or just turn off the main pump & add the phyto to the DT?

target feeding phytoplankton to tridacnid clams is a very bad idea. Too many phyto cells will shut them down. Either bowl feed or broadcast feed :)

yeah I am guilty of target feeding them but I will stop now. did not know that. thanks gresh. learn something new everyday. As for the blasto its my favorite colony right now. the middle of the mouth is turning yellow and fades to a green with the purple rim. very nice piece. I think its still coloring up.
I turn off all my powerheads and main pumps and target feed everything. But like gresh said its not a good idea. I'll take his word on it considering its his product i'm using.

Back