High Tide Aquatics

My new 20 Long with a 30 gallon sump.

Hello All,

This will be my first tank thread on here. please bare with me. I am slowly putting this tank together. It comes from a downgrade of a 60 gallon knockoff which was not drill-able. I purchased a 20 Long a few weeks back with stand and Drilled it one night after suffering form Insomnia. First time drilling and I thought i was going to crack the tank. Guess not. I did a pretty good job using a hand drill and a glass hole drill bit.

I plan on making this tank a shallow reef where you can view from the top and from the side. The tank stands at 30 inches from the ground. I will be using the aragonite black sand and will be keeping multiple corals and fish.

Lighting is a Nova Extreme not the pro 4 bulb setup with 2 Aquasun 10k and 2 Actinic bulbs.

I got a 30 gallon sump with all the baffles in place and a Euro Reef Skimmer designed to run on a 130 gallon setup. Should be enough to keep my water clean.

Still need Sand and some more rock and connect the sump to it.

Here is my list of live stock.

Fish and Inverts
Crocea Clam
2 Occ. Clown Fish
2 small Bangaii Cardinals
1 Algae Blenny
2 Peppermint Shrimp
Sea Urchin ( looking to find a new home for it.) Found this guy a new home.
Various Hermit Crabs Blue and Red
Cerith and Mexican Turbo Snails
Serpent Sea Star
Linkia Red Star Fish

Corals

Fungia Plate Coral Neon Orange
Idaho Grape Monti and Neon Green Monti Cap
Aussie Duncans
Neon Green Candy Cane
GSP
Neon Green Birdsnest
Tubs Pink Birdsnest
Mille
Monti digitata Orange and Purple
Red ball sponge
Hammer Coral
Bubble Coral
Frogspawn
Fox Coral
Cats paw Polcilipora
Neon Green Polcilipora
zoas and Palys
Acans of different colors.

More to come.

Enjoy the pictures so far.
100_0767.jpg

100_0768.jpg

100_0770.jpg

Adolfo, I think I met you at Neptune a couple weeks back, right? We chatted for awhile after Robert had to take off and you were telling me a little about NCNRS, having dinner with Will from LGF, etc... :)

Tank looking good... I do like the 20L format. I used to have one awhile back.

Yeah we met at Neptune's. You should me your Leemar Tank photo page. It was sweet. Yeah i am also liking the 20 long tank. Lots of Horizontal space for more of an open sand space. I might line the bottom with acans to create a nice garden of them.

Well catch you later Jason.

I was able to take more updated photos with the sump connected. More cleaner look. By the way the all the stuff inside this tank were in my recently taken down 60 gallon reef tank. So everything has been in water and cured for over a year.

Enjoy the new pictures.

FTS as of April 11 2009
100_0794.jpg

LTS
100_0795.jpg

RTS
100_0798.jpg

New Photos with FTS

So enjoy.

FTS
100_1106.jpg

Acan garden
100_1109.jpg

Pulsating Xenia
100_1110.jpg

Mushrooms from Nick
100_1112.jpg

DBTC Monitpora Danae from Book fish
100_1115.jpg

Mushroom Garden
100_1117.jpg

Acan Ench.
100_1116.jpg

Not sure what this is but got it from Craig at the last swap.
100_1135.jpg

Green Slimer from ReefDan
100_1136.jpg

DBTC Gorilla part Zoanthias with sponge from BAR Lyn
100_1137.jpg

DBTC Kryptonite Green Candy Cane from peter a few swaps ago.
100_1139.jpg

DBTC Red mushroom from Peter
The Tonga Blue Mushroom I won in a raffle at BACFM 2009
100_1143.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Very nice, Adolfo! I like the black sand. Wish that's what i started with in my tank. aye!
By the way, who's camera did you use to take the pics?

My point and shoot camera . Nothing fancy. Kodak m763

Just a steady hand and macro settings on it. Didn't even use photoshop to touch it up.

Powerful acan-dy garden! Love the colors and how they play on each other. Definitely having a touch of job envy.

Is that a dendro above and left in the pulsing xenia photog?

Those are a saved frag of sun coral from Neptune Aquatics sump. I do have a dendro frag which is on the right and on the sand bed of the pulsating xenia.

Thanks for the compliments.

Sorry for the lack of updates on my tank thread been super busy with work.

I have torned thsi tank down and rebuilt it with a better stand and effeicnt sump.

It is now a 20 long tank with a 20 long sump. I still need to get a skimmer working on it.

A Mag 3 return pump pondmaster type.

I have 2 Aquatic Life T5 light fixtures each having 2 bulbs.

I should have pictures of the tank sometime next week when when i get back into town.

The stand i built using 2 by 4 and plywood.

I stained and sealed the stand. Drilled for plumb.

Thanks for looking and reading.

Back