Kessil

NCNRS DBTC program

Roc

NCNRS has started a DBTC program. NCNRS is Northern Califorina Nano Reef Socity and I am one of the Mods of the club. I used some of the BAR infomation to let ppl know about the program (I hope that is OK) but credit BAR for all infomation.

NCNRS mainly consits of NANO tank reefers, but many of the members here also view our forums.

Our website is

http://www.forums.ncnrs.org

This Program might be my biggest passion right now outside of family. I just think it's the best damn idea since sliced bread

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4003.msg47635#msg47635 date=1214785995]
This Program might be my biggest passion right now outside of family. I just think it's the best damn idea since sliced bread
[/quote]MMMMMMM.... Bread....

This Program might be my biggest passion right now outside of family. I just think it's the best damn idea since sliced bread[/quote]

I'm still slacking on the PHP coding for tracking DBTC but once I get some progress maybe we'll be able to pass on the code.... that'd be nice.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4003.msg47649#msg47649 date=1214796928]
This Program might be my biggest passion right now outside of family. I just think it's the best damn idea since sliced bread[/quote]

I'm still slacking on the PHP coding for tracking DBTC but once I get some progress maybe we'll be able to pass on the code.... that'd be nice.
[/quote]

I know that one of our members at NCNRS is a web designer and he might be doing a code as well, if he gets it done we would be happy to pass it along to you as well.

FTR I asked that ppl at NCNRS use the same system that is in place here for recording transactions so that we could use or share a PHP code in the future :)

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4003.msg47675#msg47675 date=1214839208]
I know that one of our members at NCNRS is a web designer and he might be doing a code as well, if he gets it done we would be happy to pass it along to you as well.
[/quote]

Have him get a hold of me. I'm sure no one would mind me sharing the design docs we have put together so maybe we can kill 2 sites with 1 real web developer :)

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4003.msg47683#msg47683 date=1214842679]
[quote author=Roc link=topic=4003.msg47675#msg47675 date=1214839208]
[/quote]

Have him get a hold of me. I'm sure no one would mind me sharing the design docs we have put together so maybe we can kill 2 sites with 1 real web developer :)
[/quote]

I will do that just as soon as I convice him that he IS writing the code.....lol

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4003.msg47684#msg47684 date=1214842911]
I will do that just as soon as I convice him that he IS writing the code.....lol[/quote]

:) I have a lot of the design done and I even have all the SQL for creating the DB objects so you can help use that to sell him on it lol

We have officialy kicked off our DBTC program, and after this weekends NCNRS frag swap have the full attention of all the NCNRS members. We have already giving out over 15 frags of 7 different corals and the group as a whole is going to be putting some real time and engery into getting the program going.

I dicussed BAR's program in great detail during our swap and everyone wanted to thank the members here (tuberider, and saltwatersig) who allowed the corals I had gotten from them in the past to be put into this new program.

It will be slower at 1st for this club as most members have very small nano tanks, but it means that as frags grow into colonies they will be more into spliting them up and handing them out to other members to do the same.

Once again I would like the thank BAR from everyone at NCNRS.

If anyone has any frags that they have had troble giving away let me know and maybe we can use them within NCNRS' DBTC program

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4003.msg50377#msg50377 date=1217344028]
If anyone has any frags that they have had troble giving away let me know and maybe we can use them within NCNRS' DBTC program
[/quote]I can bring a few things to the swap for your club.

Same. Just shoot me a reminder. I have a handful of "surplus" which I was going to dump into the swap. There is enough where I can easily get some to you to Roc. Some are my own surplys, and others are DBTC items which I have tried to give out but everyone already has them here etc :p

You opened a can o worms :) ..... where to start. I think it's great to pass the frags that aren't getting takers from our club onto NCNRS. I guess the only real concern would be tracking. I'm thinking that it would be acceptable to post a msg to the thread the frag came from (not just the transaction thread) stating that x number of frags transferred to inter-club DBTC for clubX (NCNRS in this case). That way we have record that a user completed their requirements and it will be reflected into our counts.

Anyone from the BOD want to comment on that?

How about we post the trades in the interclub DBTC forum, and Roc can post who they went to in NCNRS, or Roc can PM the donor, and he/she can put that in their post.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4003.msg50385#msg50385 date=1217349424]
How about we post the trades in the interclub DBTC forum, and Roc can post who they went to in NCNRS, or Roc can PM the donor, and he/she can put that in their post.[/quote]
The gotcha is that the key to each chain is the original thread number. So by posting in the original thread DBTC moderators know where the lineage comes from. If we just start a new inter-club thread for anything that no one wants it'd be really easy to lose that lineage. Does that make more sense? If we want to track who they went to in NCNRS then I would have to put a little more thought into that....

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4003.msg50387#msg50387 date=1217351010]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4003.msg50385#msg50385 date=1217349424]
How about we post the trades in the interclub DBTC forum, and Roc can post who they went to in NCNRS, or Roc can PM the donor, and he/she can put that in their post.[/quote]
The gotcha is that the key to each chain is the original thread number. So by posting in the original thread DBTC moderators know where the lineage comes from. If we just start a new inter-club thread for anything that no one wants it'd be really easy to lose that lineage. Does that make more sense? If we want to track who they went to in NCNRS then I would have to put a little more thought into that....
[/quote]Go find your thinkin' cap then, cause I need to unload some frags and it's gonna happen either way ;)

Conversly, the DBTC interclub transfer can have a thread started by the excess holder (ie, jeremy and me in this case) where we have a link new OP listing the frag origin.

or maybe a genereal interclub tracking thread with a list format like:

Coral / Original donor / Interclub donor / date of transfer
URL of original thread
URL of of interclub thread

Blue Palys / Zepplock / Gomer / 08-14-08
http://Idontwanttolookitup.com
http://tobedeterminedfromnewclub.com

Back