got ethical husbandry?

Need clown breeder experience

euod

Supporting Member
I have a clutch of eggs from black onyx clowns x perc I think and I want to hatch them this time around because I am going to take the tank down. It would be great if there are breeders out there that want to grow these out or show me how to do it.
If I was to do it, would I put them in a tank with airstone and add planktons? Where can I get plankton fast? the eggs are orange now, when should I remove them? Thanks

If your clowns are laying egg, they will do so again in a few weeks. Just let this batch go and make better preparation for the next batch.

The eggs are on 2nd day I think.
Can you pick them up Erin? :)
There may not be another batch since I am taking the tank down. They were not laying for awhile and now back with big clutch.

Oh yeah, "Fingerwrinkles" ... not sure if he's still on the board or part of the club.

Edit: I see he popped in as a guest last Saturday, so he might see your post.

V

When they are "regular", they will spawn every 10-14 days
Do you want to keep the pair?
sorry, I'm not coming down that way any time soon
If you do want to bring them, let me know, so I can fire up the feed culture

The way to get someone's attention is like this.
@fingerwrinkles
You put the @ symbol w their name, it should give them an alert they were tagged in a post

Well, I drew a pentagram with salt on the ground and sacrificed a black chicken and now you tell me about the @ symbol! What a waste of a good chicken! And salt! Well, wings tonight I guess! :p

Thanks for the tip! I hope he pops in. Not even sure if he still raises them.

V

Well, I drew a pentagram with salt on the ground and sacrificed a black chicken and now you tell me about the @ symbol! What a waste of a good chicken! And salt! Well, wings tonight I guess! :p
V
The Internets are not magic! There are very sound, scientific reasons why it is occasionally necessary to sacrifice a young goat to the Internets!

Hey gang :) Still around, just been super busy with work so popping in here only from time to time. Still breeding - have fancy ocellaris, Darwins, and true percs (Picassos and limited onyx) on the nest. Happy to help with advice, etc -- just PM me as that's the best way to connect.

You're always a member as far as I am concerned :)
Took down the tank to move. The percs are probably in shock and will not lay eggs for quite sometime.
Good to know you are still breeding percs and will reach out should they eggs again.

Thanks :) ! You're correct that the pair will likely go off the nest for some period of time due to the move. Some rare pairs that have historically been prolific may start nesting again quite quickly, but it really depends upon the particular pair.

If I can be of help in the future, just shoot me a PM

Back