Reef nutrition

Need Input from all members for 2017

I think the question is, do we even need more fund?

Seems like the club is financially healthy and we could use more help producing event / activity before we would need more $.

Bay Area Reefers needs to have an annual mega auction selling corals, fish, new or used reef supply and , etc. The club would benefit 25% from the total sales and the seller would receive 75% of his or her total sales. Only supporting members can sell and buyers are open to the public. This would help generate more supporting members.
I helped ran San Francisco Aquarium society for 30 + years and still active in this organization. Mike (previous BAR 2016 vice president) observed April 7, 2017 SFAS Mega Auction and gave it a thumb up. If interested BOD come by my house for a meeting on this subject.
PS, Tank Guy, my forest fire montipora has grown into a small colony. Thank you so much.
We do not have the interested man power or the will power to make it happen. Nor do we really need to raise a ton of funds. Unless We really Want to have more speakers or other expensive
Events or something. Not a bad idea at all, But not very realistic for us to make it happen.

First time poster, and relative newbie, I think.

I've been keeping aquariums for 30 years (!!), but started off slowly with freshwater for 10 years, then fowlr for 10 years, and finally reef for the last 10. I currently have a RSM S400 that has been running for about 7 years. I've never been to a swap, but would like to start getting more involved in thins like that. Is there a mailing list or something for that?

First time poster, and relative newbie, I think.

I've been keeping aquariums for 30 years (!!), but started off slowly with freshwater for 10 years, then fowlr for 10 years, and finally reef for the last 10. I currently have a RSM S400 that has been running for about 7 years. I've never been to a swap, but would like to start getting more involved in thins like that. Is there a mailing list or something for that?
As far as I know, just check in on this forum. I believe there is a general swap in September and we also had one members only swap earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The raffles were a great way to raise money.
Unfortunately, some issues with IRS rules. Fixed yet?

One thought is if members donated "premium" corals for raffles.
Pure profit, and I don't think it would upset local businesses like purely selling corals.

But that is a good question: Do we need to raise more money???
I do miss the speakers.
And that was also a good excuse to get together.
But it seemed like overkill for a few years there when we had lots of them.

Perhaps a few potluck mini-swaps.
You bring food, and only ONE frag.
Person with the best food gets first pick in the single round.
:)
Really just an excuse for a get together.

Not event related but it would be good for us to put some effort in our forum, which is main venue for ... everything. There are many long standing usability and stability issues. There should be plenty of tech people in the club to chip in to help. It is unreasonable to expect one person to do everything so it would be good to have a team on it with backups.

Not event related but it would be good for us to put some effort in our forum, which is main venue for ... everything. There are many long standing usability and stability issues. There should be plenty of tech people in the club to chip in to help. It is unreasonable to expect one person to do everything so it would be good to have a team on it with backups.

I am not sure it is quite that simple. From what I remember hearing, it was a bit convoluted keeping the old threads and DBTC when they changed to XenForo.
So a lot of custom PHP scripts and such.
Because of that, it is hard to really understands how to fix things.
I could be totally wrong though. Not really involved.

I am not sure it is quite that simple. From what I remember hearing, it was a bit convoluted keeping the old threads and DBTC when they changed to XenForo.
So a lot of custom PHP scripts and such.
Because of that, it is hard to really understands how to fix things.
I could be totally wrong though. Not really involved.

Yeah adapting legacy stuff is always a headache. If we can't get it working reliably, I think we can live without and just edit thing manually. But the more important thing is to have more people understand how things are setup to step in and help with maintenance if needed.

Yeah adapting legacy stuff is always a headache. If we can't get it working reliably, I think we can live without and just edit thing manually. But the more important thing is to have more people understand how things are setup to step in and help with maintenance if needed.
Everything you say Is spot on. Please contact @denzil to see how you can help.

Back