Cali Kid Corals

Neptune Aquatics 435G SPS Display Tank Build

Thanks guys! Glad ya like the canopy....simple, elegance, and cheap to make! :bigsmile:

Brian...yep, that's why there's a large gap between the two rows of AI's. Once the A350 is ready, we'll modify the canopy again to fit two of them right in the center! But for now, the AIs should do the job.

rygh said:
Love the look of lighting setup!

Please post if you do some PAR measurements though.

The main reason being:
You have 144 LEDs at 450 watts. I have 140 LEDs at 400 watts.
So pretty similar, but my tank is half that size.
Mine are DIY, but still XP-G/XP-E.

I am curious if I overdid it a bit.

Great idea! I would like to know for myself. Once all the modules come in, I'll do that.

Dustin...Thanks a lot for the offer man. One of my guys have one so we're good.

tuberider said:
Nice wall of rock.

:) That was something I was thinking, but knowing how bad rock work translates into photos I wanted to see it in person prior to commenting (and I suspect you've seen it :) )

robert4025 said:
Thanks guys! Glad ya like the canopy....simple, elegance, and cheap to make! :bigsmile:

Brian...yep, that's why there's a large gap between the two rows of AI's. Once the A350 is ready, we'll modify the canopy again to fit two of them right in the center! But for now, the AIs should do the job.

The canopy is dope!

Hey I said I was gonna wait to comment on that till I see it. I know photos hardly do ANY justice for how they actually look. Pictures make it look so flat :(

Again... that canopy is DOPE!!!! It looks good from any side, even the top :)

GreshamH said:
Hey I said I was gonna wait to comment on that till I see it. I know photos hardly do ANY justice for how they actually look. Pictures make it look so flat :(

Again... that canopy is DOPE!!!! It looks good from any side, even the top :)

Sorry Gresh. I wasn't being offended at all! I meant to reply to Jeremy's original quote about my fancy rock works in my silly way and apparently it didn't pan out like I thought it would in my head....haha. This is why I hate the internet. Thoughts can get outta context so quick when you don't double check what you just typed....LOL. I need to keep telling myself to use stupid smileys! haha

Awe man Gresh....now you're being too silly. I haven't done anything worthy for the this industry like you have. I am just another guy trying to make an honest living with a hole in the wall shop.... :D

You, on the other hand, have contributed to this industry WAY more than anyone here in the bay area. Especially with BAYMAC! It's people like YOU that this hobby needs more of. Shoot, you probably started in this industry even before I knew the hobby exist! :bigsmile:

Its the honest living part, your attitudes and commitment :) I enjoy going to your store and seeing you two, and the rest of the crew. I kinda feel its my new home since the closing of Aquascene. I thought the new Tropical Paradise was going to be it, but that flopped and was way too far away to be my new home anyways. Your much closer :D

True, we all need to earn a living, but most of us would be doing something entirely different if we felt it was all about the money.

I cannot accept that I've done more then anyone in the Bay Area. Not with people like Andy@SFBB, Scott@TruVu, Rich Ross, Charles Delbeek, Matt Wandell, Curt@Neptune, Steve Robinson@Cortez Marine, and the list goes on. We've got a real powerhouse of people in the B.A., I'm just not really one of them. BAYMAC is pretty much all I have contributed to the Bay Area as far as I know. I'm not sure what I have contributed to the industry over all? But thanks, I really do appreciate the kind words. I spent the day with my sick dog :(

OH good. There are a few people I would feel bad for offending and your one of them

robert4025 said:
Thoughts can get outta context so quick when you don't double check what you just typed....LOL.
'
OMG man preach to me :) I'm right there with yah brotha :)

BTW MUCH respect for your conversation with my buddy Dave and his AIO tank. He really appreciated and respected that and it took the message home. When he told me I was proud to know you and to be able to call you my friend.

We need more people like you two in this industry!!!

More pics!

MP60...massive! One for each side of the tank...
P1000099.jpg

P1000100.jpg

The last remaining four AI units also came in and installed....
P1000111.jpg

And here's what the tank currently look like while it's cycling....
P1000111.jpg

P1000262.jpg

P1000285.jpg

P1000265.jpg

P1000279.jpg

P1000283.jpg

P1000274.jpg

Back