Cali Kid Corals

neptune cor 15

jamie

Supporting Member
would the cor 15 be enough for a reefer 525? i have a vectras2 onthere now. im making a water change station and was gonna use the s2 for that. so i can have a back up if the pump in the display goes bad. thanks for any info

I tend to err on the side of oversizing return pumps, especially if you ever decide to add in a UV sterilizer, manifold, etc. My general rule of thumb is to ensure it's capable of 10x total water volume turnover/hour, and I think the COR15 is right on the edge of that.

Agreed with the above ^ Also a big bump turned down is quieter than a smaller pump running at full speed. The COR15 needs an Apex to run whereas a COR20 can be run standalone.

I run two COR15 on my 210 gallon. On one return it's fine but the other I'm considering upgrading to a COR20 because I have a UV sterilizer plumbed inline with a lot of bends which slows down the flow rate considerably.

Agreed with the above ^ Also a big bump turned down is quieter than a smaller pump running at full speed.
Right, forgot to mention this, too. Plus, I have no idea how true this is, but I feel like pumps last longer if they're running at lower speeds than smaller pumps turned up more.

Back