Reef nutrition

neuro's 60 gallon cube

December update!

OSCtpjUl.jpg

thanks D! I'm still waiting on an update for your tank!!
Yeah, I haven't posted an update because I went over to the dark-side and did something I swore I'd never do. I'm reluctant to confess... But I will say that what I did means I will definitely be getting a bigger system in the next year or so.
Anyway, is that a baby purple tang that I see in your video? Purple tangs are my favorite.

Yeah, I haven't posted an update because I went over to the dark-side and did something I swore I'd never do. I'm reluctant to confess... But I will say that what I did means I will definitely be getting a bigger system in the next year or so.
Anyway, is that a baby purple tang that I see in your video? Purple tangs are my favorite.

hah! you got me curious now...

i just have a yellow tang. the actinics really purple everything up and the camera only picks up really blue and purple colors after that.

let's hope the bigger tank pans out!!!

I haven't been able to film in actinic lighting at all. I thought it was pretty good. :)

Same here. The deep blue sure does mess with some cameras. My 'nice' camera freaks out, my point and shoot just gets a little upset. :)

I've seen a lot worst video of actinic lit tanks (my own!).

I haven't been able to film in actinic lighting at all. I thought it was pretty good. :)
Same here. The deep blue sure does mess with some cameras. My 'nice' camera freaks out, my point and shoot just gets a little upset. :)

I've seen a lot worst video of actinic lit tanks (my own!).

Thanks guys!

I think I'll try color correcting next time. If you guys have any tips, I'd appreciate it!

How big was that setosa when you started it?
It looks amazing

it was actually humongous. my best friend who got me into reefing had it in his tank, and it was taking up a huge spot so he gave it to me. I've been making frags for anyone who wants one and it keeps growing.

it's actually much bigger. You're only seeing a little over half of it. The other half is growing into the cave I put it in.

Tank update!

NUozW8B.jpg

- My tank is back after the crash. Phosphates undetectable (for now), calcium @ 400 alk @ 9.9 ish.
- about 75% of my zoas survived
- Thanks to @HiFidelity, @CookieJar, @Kmooresf for the frags!!@!@!
- rbtas have almost fully recovered now
- everything is growing quickly. faster than I expected.

Added:

Maxima Clam
miyagi tort
pink lemonade
candlelight
sarmentosa
strawberry shortcake
blue tennius
garf bonsai
fuzzy watermelon
sunset milli
setosa
blue tort
red planet
green psammacora
green slimer

spiderman zoas
chong bongs
(true) leng sy cap
sunset monti
mystic sunset monti
birdsnest (tubbs-like)
LA lakers monti (?)
red w/green mouth (?) chalice
miami hurricane chalice
a bunch of rics/yumas
2 small false percs (clowns)
1 adult melanarus wrasse
neon green candy cane
a big ass acan colony
additional small acan frags
frog spawn

.. and a whole bunch more I don't remember the name of.

whew. time to cruise for a while.

Last edited:
Back