High Tide Aquatics

New RO/DI Too Good?

I installed my new RO/DI unit that i got from AWI, the Thypoon III, and it seems to be running way faster than i was anticipating. In 6 hours i have gotten close to 30 gallons of product from a 75 gpd membrane. I didn't test the pressure from my hose outlet, but i couldn't imagine it would me over 75psi, which is the danger point according to AWI?

Could that flow be damaging either the membrane or the unit itself?

The instructions from AWI recommend running the unit for 3 days consecutively to break it in. If the typhoon runs at a 3:1 ratio, that's damn near 1500 gallons to break it in? Is that right?

Did you guys run yours for that long when you broke them in?

Thanks for the advice~

Do you know your tap water pressure? Also make sure more is coming out of the waste line than the RO/ DI line. When I first got my Typhoon I hooked it up backwards!

According to the SFWD my water pressure is around 65 psi at any given time. And no, my unit is not hooked up backwards.

After 24 hrs, the typhoon III has made around 120 gallons of product.

Im going to take a sample to Mikes house and get it tested with his TDS meter. At this time i started filling the reservoir. If the water sample checks outs i'll start using the product water.

@ 120gpd and rated for 75gpd there has to be some issue you are not seeing.

All valves are set properly, including the flush valve.

I'll just have to wait and see what the results are from the TDS test whenever Mike gets home.

Back