Neptune Aquatics

New tank came, with cracks in overflow glass...

Here are some photos from today with the display tank empty, including better photos of the crack.

36551636960_fac29b9133_c.jpg

36551634320_8c6866c6fa_c.jpg

36776590082_df392203dd_c.jpg

36551624590_e0732efb32_c.jpg

The Crack:

36776607082_93f3dbecb5_c.jpg

36776609812_e114287c37_c.jpg

36776603502_7500636821_c.jpg

Wholy c... that tank looks amazing even empty!!
I still say, get a piece of black plastic/acrylic and cover the crack. Would make a nice anemone tank!

Nice photos. Put it up as an art display.

Title : "First world problem!"

Hah, I have too many photos up in my house already =P I just want this tank running ;)

Wholy c... that tank looks amazing even empty!!
I still say, get a piece of black plastic/acrylic and cover the crack. Would make a nice anemone tank!

Good idea, though I'm probably going to sell it to help fund the purchase of a nice H. Magnifica at some point (and setup a treatment tank with cipro etc). I don't think I can handle multiple tanks right now.

I have an old 40 breeder and a 10-ish gallon tank (depending on the size of the mag) that I'll probably use as a treatment tank (still need to find a low cost powerhead for some flow, and maybe a temp light over the tank. Was just going to beg a BAR member to borrow something for a week). This is probably too nice a tank to use for treatment... but since it's sitting here I could just use it.

IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG

Low cost powerhead, talk to me!
I have some older Maxijet with the mod kit, also some small Seio.
Light? Have a couple small ones too 24" T5x2.

I still think you should get a piece of black abs plastic, nothing thick and just disclose the issue to the buyer, the picture shows the cracks.
One of the members removed the glass overflow box from his tank and gave it to me, the box is covered with textured black abs plastic.

Just razor blade the panel off and bring it to the glass shop and get a new piece. Silicone it in and - bam - good as new. Sell for top dollar.

...and about the light and powerhead/s $0.0

I have some power heads too, also from xcaret. Since I’m closer to you, I can swing by and drop them off

You guys are too kind! Thank you! I will definitely take you up on the offer. I'll probably just need one or two small powerheads and a light for the treatment tank. I'll shoot you guys a message when the time comes. Happy to return it once I'm done, or I can just hold onto them and pay it forward for anyone else that'll need it in the future.

Just razor blade the panel off and bring it to the glass shop and get a new piece. Silicone it in and - bam - good as new. Sell for top dollar.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. There's a glass shop near me (El Cerrito Glass) that put in my shower door, I'm pretty sure they'd sell me the same sized piece. I'll need to practice my silicone skills though.

I'd definitely disclose to the buyer. I have a few members here at BAR that might be interested in the tank, so might just sell it to them without the repairs for cheaper for the sake of helping them out and if I don't have the time to repair.

Lots of things to consider.

Thanks again you guys!!

I say do NOT repair or attempt to fix a brand new aquarium. You may void any warranty. Send it back get a new proper tank.

Hey Erin! Yes agreed. Red Sea is going to be sending a new replacement, and won't want this one back, which is why I'm considering fixing it and/or selling it.

Back