Kessil

New Wiring and tank (MAYBE)

I like those cord concealers. I might actually get some for my setup.

For the 2nd power strip, what about an old EB8. I think you can still turn the outlets on and off with the APex, you just don’t get the power usage stats. That’s what I’m probably going to do for my in-house power bar (unless I can convince the wife to get another one of the new apex power bars).

Looks good.
I always advise to not go overboard concealing wires, or it is hard to unplug things for maintenance.

Just be weary of hooking up any high current things to those power strips like heaters 300W or greater. While it technically should be able to handle it, I've melted more than one plug on those DJ power strips while doing so.

thanks. the heater(s) will be plugged into the EB. I need power for:

Doser
Reactor (if i get the new tank, i'll need the plug on the EB for an extra powerhead)
Other new and fun toys

I like those cord concealers. I might actually get some for my setup.

For the 2nd power strip, what about an old EB8. I think you can still turn the outlets on and off with the APex, you just don’t get the power usage stats. That’s what I’m probably going to do for my in-house power bar (unless I can convince the wife to get another one of the new apex power bars).

My best practice is not to tell the wife what I bought or how much I paid. Much safer that way!

The biggest issue isn't so much the current draw it's the sustained high current draw and then throw in a potential moist environment you're just asking for trouble.

Question...I'm about to buy the SCA 120, but could you tell me the difference/advantages/disadvantages to the synergy versus the standard center overflow?

Synergy is an external overflow. You retain more internal tank space but the tank needs to be further from the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess it depends on what’s in the overflow box. I have an internal, which includes the return line. I think I’d prefer more space in the tank and not having my return lines go through the overflow.

An internal box allows more real estate in the tank, better planning of the rockwork.
Synergy is still an internal box but very slim; the bulky part is the second box outside.
For deep tanks such as the 120, is less relevant the normal internal box. Picture your current tank instead of the corner overflow, being in the middle ir slightly offset; 18 “ minus ~6” , that would leave you thinking how to work some pieces of rock around that plastic piece.

The SCA has three holes...if I do herbie then two drains and one return all in the center overflow. Issue with the synergy is it's a bean drain and the return would be over the back of the tank

Back