Our mission

Nice to meet you!

Hello,
I just thought I would post to introduce myself and see if there was anyone on here in my area. I'm new to saltwater, but I've had freshwater tanks for years. I have a 10 gallon nano reef tank that I began cycling in December of 2009. It currently has:
-36W 50/50 PC light
-a red sea nano filter
-a mini-jet 404 powerhead
-heater and thermometer
-about 8-9lbs of live rock
-3 nassarius snails
-1 astrea snail
-2 margarita snails
-1 pyramid snail, the guy at my lfs called him this, but he looks like a turbo snail, not like the photos of the pest pyramid snails I saw online
-3 blue leg hermits plus lots of spare shells so they hopefully wont attack my snails
-1 fire shrimp
-2 zoa frags, one green monster and one pink something

I'd like to add some more astrea snails and a black and white ocellaris clownfish (because my husband likes that they look like Evil Nemo and I'm trying to get him more involved in my hobby) I'll try to take a photo of the tank after work for your enjoyment and input.
Is anyone on here in the Santa Cruz area?

Well, howdy. I don't know of anyone in our group living in S.C. but a few live in the South Bay. Your husband will surely catch the bug and it sounds like you are off to a great start with your Nano. I hope you might both be able to join us for a BAR meeting in Hayward. Many of us consider it well worth the drive to hook up with some of the most innovative and successful reef keeping going on anywhere in the world! That's my story and I'm sticking too it. A very warm welcome to you and your soon to be involved "whole family", :party:

I'm Donna. Nice to meet you Edward. :)
My husband picked up the black and white ocellaris yesterday. He's happy and healthy. Pics to come.
The owner of Eco Aquarium picked up 2 from his supplier, so if the other one is still there tomorrow I'm going to pick it up, too.

screebo said:
Well, howdy. I don't know of anyone in our group living in S.C. but a few live in the South Bay. Your husband will surely catch the bug and it sounds like you are off to a great start with your Nano. I hope you might both be able to join us for a BAR meeting in Hayward. Many of us consider it well worth the drive to hook up with some of the most innovative and successful reef keeping going on anywhere in the world! That's my story and I'm sticking too it. A very warm welcome to you and your soon to be involved "whole family", :party:

Ahem.... I live in Santa Cruz county... Aptos to be exact. Up until last Nov I lived in Santa Cruz.

GreshamH said:
screebo said:

Ahem.... I live in Santa Cruz county... Aptos to be exact. Up until last Nov I lived in Santa Cruz.
Oops, hehehe :X

Hey I lived in Oakland for like two years... but yah, its so hard to leave such a nice area :)

Back