got ethical husbandry?

Night time photography

Does anyone have any interesting ideas as to some places I can take some pictures in SF during the evening hours? Preferably somewhere with nice and colorful lights? :)

25905_639353822768_11700860_36911972_2236267_n.jpg

4466590848_779a204999_b.jpg

Go to Broadway St and Columbus Ave. in North Beach. There's lots of bright shiny lights there (granted they're for strip clubs and bars but the lights are bright nonetheless).

Thanks Revo, and Smitty :)

@Revo -I used a Canon 40D, 24-70 2.8L, tripod, and a cable release.

@Smitty - The first picture had a 20 sec. exposure, and the second had a 15 sec. exposure.

A_Lee said:
Thanks Revo, and Smitty :)

@Revo -I used a Canon 40D, 24-70 2.8L, tripod, and a cable release.

@Smitty - The first picture had a 20 sec. exposure, and the second had a 15 sec. exposure.

Cable release? On a DSLR? Don't you mean corded remote or is it really an old school true cable release (meaning it pushes the button when you depress the lever on the other end)

Well, by what you define as a cable release, I suppose I actually used a corded remote -I'm pretty loose with the terminology :)

Just checking....wasn't sure if the Canon accepted a cable release

phishphood said:
Any of the new Nikons accept cable releases then?
None that I know of. Technology advanced beyond needing a cable release... we now have corded and non corded remotes, and they're cheap as well :) (I have both corded and non corded, prefer corded)

Those shots are beautiful! It looks like it's a little past magic hour, too. Can you share the photo stats? f-number, shutter, time taken,etc?

I really like the second one (the first if great as well). By any chance would you be willing to send me the file for that? I'd love to make a print for my wall with it (I have a super nice high end Espon printer if you want a copy as well)

Back