Jestersix

NIPPY FISHY! :O

As most of you know I'ma goin' shoppin' tomorrow! I will be buying a dwarf angel or two and I wanna know if these three species are coral nippers...

The Fisher's Angel
The Cherub Angel
The Brazilian Flameback Angel

Those are my fave 3! :)

northbay-reefer said:
Don't worry any of those will be fine .. plus You can ask Bryan how to feed them crazy glue to keep them away from your corals if they start to nip ... LOL

Really? All three are known to sometimes nip in every book I look at. I've never owned a Fish but the other two I ahve and both were nippers.

Ooooh.... TOO LATE! :D

Just went out and bought an Atlantic Pygmy Angelfish... which I read online is also called the Cherub...? I also got a giant Sebae and I got a free $40 light blueish-grey and brown moonstone coral which is very large, too. Any reviews about the Atlantic Pygmy Angelfish?

100% of them I have owned were nippers and bullied other fish.

Yeah, I would put certain fish like Angelfish (large or dwarf), butterfly fish, and probably a few others and throw them ALL into one big category as potentially coral nippers regardless of what someone says that they had one that didn't touch a ....

If he does start to nip he is easy to catch to get out of the tank. I've already caught him once to look for any damage from the other fish and he was fine.

I have yet to see a dwarf angel go *long term* without acquiring a taste for corals, in the short term they may seem fine, but the nature of the beast takes over eventually 100% IME.

I would watch him closely. Since he is so easy to catch, When he nips a coral, catch him and spank him. After a few spankings my guess is he will be dead and he won't nip the coral anymore.

I also wouldn't put a dwarf angel in a tank that small either... but maybe that's just me :D

I love dwarf angels personally, and one day might have a tank with them with corals that are fast growing that I don't care about (the pocilliporas, micropthalmas, + an array of softies) might just be good to get a gauge how quickly they can destroy corals... but then again that would require another tank, and I don't want to lose my wife yet!

There's an article in the new issue of RHM about pygmy angels. I actually learned some interesting stuff editing it. But now I want 6 resplendents!

Back