Kessil

November 12th meeting/workshop

Tupper ware is for fragswaps where you need to see the frag ;)

The use of the bagging machines will be limitted to a few select people (IF we can use them) as you can loose a digit in half a second with them. I doubt ASAP, or our insurance company would like that all that much :D

Given the overall propogation goal of the club, I'm still curious how many of the hundreds of frags that were made last time made it.

Prodman was nice enough to post a picture of one of his frags.

Can those that attended the last Fragging Demo report on how the frags did for them?

Regards,

Roy

racrumrine said:
Given the overall propogation goal of the club, I'm still curious how many of the hundreds of frags that were made last time made it.

Prodman was nice enough to post a picture of one of his frags.

Can those that attended the last Fragging Demo report on how the frags did for them?

Regards,

Roy

Some people already have, I think in the Tank Talk forum.

I'm thinking of buying a rotozip to use around the house and use for frag'ing - just a small one not a heavy duty type. Or, do I just get a dremil?

I'd suggest the dreml. Pep Boys usually has a cheap one for $20 that works pretty good and is speed adjustable. The roto-zip is great for cutting holes in drywall and stuff, but not anything like the dremels. Assume you are talking about the one as big a a soda can a center bit your drag around?

Yea... I was just thinking of that. I guess I can ask the wife to get me a rotozip for X-mas. I'll go get a dremil for this weekend's workshop.

Everybody doesn't need to bring their own Dremmel's! :D We only need a couple as safety is the most important thing during this workshop.

Wednesday morning I helped unpack the Tonga coral shipment and set aside 12 colonies for our workshop. I think you all will be very happy with the pieces. BTW, Atlantis (Mingh) swooped a sweet blue astreopora, vibrant and rich color...-J

last weekend I cut up about 50 mini carpets without damaging other croals and fraged a large ancan in about 2 min, all this with only a wet saw. for all the safety concerns, using a hand held cutting device is much more likely to send you to the emergency room than a stationary cutting table.

People choose the hand held cutting tools because they are more affordable than a stationary cutting table. Because of the danger involved with either device, safety is the major concern. Nicholas, why don't you bring the tile saw for a demo of what it can do. :D

Speaking about dremmel, which one I should get. I want to get myself a dremmel this weekend. Also which cutting saw I should get and where is the best place to get those (dremmel & the cutting saw)?
Thanks in advance

If you're going to use it, I'd say go for the one with the cord. While the portability of a cordless model is sometimes useful, it usually is underpowered, and those rechargable batteries never have the same amount of power each time you recharge them.

My uncle once told me, forget the cordless drill, buy one with a cord and just get a really long extension cord.

Back