got ethical husbandry?

Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

kinetic

Supporting Member
This is the thread for showing off your off topic (non-reef related) photography =) Please post only 10 at a time, at most once a day so we don't get too much photos destroying bandwidth and such =)

Yesterday, went to Alcatraz Island:

418481458_14b2b88e6e.jpg

418467959_55da164cec.jpg

I may be going to Vietnam in December or January =) Who wants to come? I'm not vietnamese at all, but my gf is. I'm excited to go =)

Yup, make sure you bring plenty of memory along as well. Cameras attract locals, especially children, more so than candy (they don't get their pictures taken often if at all). I came back with over 30 GB (12 GB of CF cards and a 40 GB portable HD came in handy) of shots during the week that I was there. :eek:

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=1827.msg17392#msg17392 date=1173825348]
Yup, make sure you bring plenty of memory along as well. Cameras attract locals, especially children, more so than candy (they don't get their pictures taken often if at all). I came back with over 30 GB (12 GB of CF cards and a 40 GB portable HD came in handy) of shots during the week that I was there. :eek:
[/quote]

30gb? nice =)

I have a 40gb independent storage HD as well, which I always bring with me. haha hopefully it'll last!

My GF actually has never been there either... so this will be new for both of us.

Boy, great shots all around Art and Eric. You both have a great eye. I especially like Arts hanging key and the first and second pic of Eric's :D

is the 4th one at really high ISO? Or post processed to give it noise/grain?

if it's at very high ISO, that camera you have does a smashin job at it=) Good stufff.

That's ISO 800 on the D200 underexposed by a stop or so to give it the grains. The edges are then processed for look in post. :)

I need to double check the original.
This was shot in Conservatory Of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.

Amazing selection of orchids - but a bit crowdy ;-)

p.s. I'll post more.
I'm learning alot.
Would appreciate any advice.

p.s.s. I wish the front of the flower be more contrast.

Back