Jestersix

Oh Crap ...

b9c47080ad895ea5f06f2001e6476a9e.jpg

So the kittens have been fascinated with my fish tanks since day one, but this is the first leap into real trouble territory. This is Angelica and she’s active, curious and completely fearless. Look before leap? Pfft, advice for the weak and timid. I’m thinking of what I need to do before she ends up *in* the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet she will get in the tank only once [emoji12]

Maybe pick her up and put a paw in the water. Show her she really doesn’t want to go in...

Yikes! I'd imagine there'll be significant coral destruction if she fell in and started thrashing about.... not to mention the mess it would make on the floor. Is there a way to remove any nearby tables so she can't "parkour" her way up there? Can the dosing pump be moved to inside the cabinet?

Last edited:
Razor wire around the tank?
:)

You can try double sided sticky tape on the rim though.
+1 on moving the table.
I like the sticky tape idea, most cats seem to really hate the sticky feeling on their paws. Moving the wiring cabinet may be the most expedient solution, though the doser would have to find a new home, maybe inside the tank stand.

Yeah, that reminds me of the day we returned from camping; had frozen trout in the cooler and removed all the fish; there was some ice cold water left; Stitch (because he was an orphan and we adopted him) as a curious cat, decided to jump in as if it was a big cardboard box; took him fraction of a second to jump out of the cooler.

Yeah, that reminds me of the day we returned from camping; had frozen trout in the cooler and removed all the fish; there was some ice cold water left; Stitch (because he was an orphan and we adopted him) as a curious cat, decided to jump in as if it was a big cardboard box; took him fraction of a second to jump out of the cooler.
Little known fact — a cat surprised by something wet can actually levitate [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lube the edge, so they can’t get ahold of the edge.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You really are trying to assassinate me, aren't you.? Just imagine the little buggers spreading lube on my floor all day, so I can slip on a patch of it somewhere, where I least expect it. That'll be a great headline, won't it: "Cats kill owner with lube".

Back