Our mission

ORA red table

Tanks good. Got a Miyagi and Cali tort in there and a GARF Bonsai growing now. Relatively new frags to the tank, the miyagi has been in there about a month and has shown some growth, the other 2 have been in the tank for 2 weeks.

Also have an ORA BOP bird's nest and a orange digi that are doing well

Updated growth pic. This is a top down view.
bdb34106455e0cbed9592964b86b7f2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tanks good. Got a Miyagi and Cali tort in there and a GARF Bonsai growing now. Relatively new frags to the tank, the miyagi has been in there about a month and has shown some growth, the other 2 have been in the tank for 2 weeks.

Also have an ORA BOP bird's nest and a orange digi that are doing well
Do you ever make it up to sf?

I almost asked if they are as close to each other as they seem to be in the pic.
Yeah, the RBTA is close but is stable and hasn't moved for over 8 months. It's facing the back of the tank and it's foot is underneath a large rock. I want to aim a power head at it to get it moving so I can capture it, but just don't know how.
Any advice? Ice doesn't work.

Not to be a wise ass, but my only advice for nems is...don't put them in reef tanks! If you can't pull the rock out it's tough to remove them. I have chiseled off pieces of rock they are attached to before. Pretty tough tho

Reactions: Ibn
Yeah, the RBTA is close but is stable and hasn't moved for over 8 months. It's facing the back of the tank and it's foot is underneath a large rock. I want to aim a power head at it to get it moving so I can capture it, but just don't know how.
Any advice? Ice doesn't work.

The powerhead trick almost never works either with a nem that's been in place a long time. They can be moved but it takes a lot of patience depending on how deep the crevice is that the foot is in. As Mike noted you often have to chisel some of the rock. I've done it a few dozen times and it's a pain but can be done.

The powerhead method has worked for me many times when the PH can be aimed at the foot of the nem. If I could move the rock without cracking up all my sps, then I might consider just re-positioning the rock so the PH can be aimed at the foot of the RBTA

Back