Kessil

Orange Bubble Tip Nems at Aquatic Collection anyone?

kinetic

Supporting Member
Anyone see those super orange/fire looking BTAs at AC recently? Really beautiful. I've never seen a CSB or anything in real life before, but the ones at AC are really incredible. Much more fiery orange than any rainbow I've seen. They're small though.

I took a small one home, already bubbled up in my tank. These are tiny, like the size of a dollar coin. I'll take a photo tomorrow when the lights are stronger.

any pink/purple on tips?
mind if i ask the price?

I didn't notice any colors on the tips specifically, right now my blues are on hard and the tips look possibly dark purple. The oral disk has streaks of green and white, with it otherwise being and dark/faded purple-black. $45. There were probably two more in the basket that were the dollar coin size, otherwise even tinier (like quarter or dime sized). You could possibly get the price down for the teenier ones if that's all they have left.

I'll take photos tomorrow for sure.

Considering all the anemones I've seen recently, I think any future purchase would require that they white up the light that is shining on them. I've seen how electric my "plain" RBTAs look if I only put blue LEDs over them, I'd hate to buy that new car from the dark showroom only to find out it doesn't look that good out in the street.

Considering all the anemones I've seen recently, I think any future purchase would require that they white up the light that is shining on them. I've seen how electric my "plain" RBTAs look if I only put blue LEDs over them, I'd hate to buy that new car from the dark showroom only to find out it doesn't look that good out in the street.
I used to sell cars and there was a new plumb color that was a dark purple color. One night a customer came in and bought one thinking it was black, and the next day came back, but I don't think they did an exchange.

True, bubble tips that are actually bubbly have almost "stretch mark" looks to them where each of the marks is simply a little darker color, when they're all wilty all those "stretch marks" squeeze back together and they are super bright.

That being said... there are some of the higher end ones that look almost as stunning in white and natural sunlight...

Orange /yellow ones fair better in natural light from a pop perspective imo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree with photos. I have actually no idea what a CSB looks like, since all photos are just terribly inaccurate. It's not exactly that you don't have enough "white light," it's actually just your camera's white balance. My tank has a bit of blues on, and though it is probably much less blue than most tanks, I still have to adjust my white balance quite a bit such that the photos do the colors a bit more justice. If anyone has a CSB and wants a very honest photo of it, let me know, I will take a photo of it. People always say those CSB's look incredible in person, even without the intense purple/blues. But I have yet to see that kind of photo.

I'm sure you guys have seen my photos with my white balance cranked very warm. Sure there aren't the intense actinic colors popping out, but it still is beautiful in its own way.

The anemone from AC definitely has a beautiful glow to it. My rainbow anemone has lot a bit of color, so relatively this new one does look amazing, but who knows. I'll take a well white balanced photo in a second...

8f3c625cdad4fe66875faa56c6c3c44c.png

This is one of the most accurate photos of a csb I’ve seen. No post processing to enhance anything. Not super glow from max blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you mean that this is exactly how blue it looks in your tank, then yes that most likely very accurate. I think it's just hard to tell what it looks like in other peoples' tanks, since blues are always so different.

For me, I like taking photos when things like glass don't look like they're dyed in blue/purple ink.

If you mean that this is exactly how blue it looks in your tank, then yes that most likely very accurate. I think it's just hard to tell what it looks like in other peoples' tanks, since blues are always so different.

For me, I like taking photos when things like glass don't look like they're dyed in blue/purple ink.

yeah it used to be that blue. i ended up changing it up because my wife doesnt like the living room being blue haha.

nanocraze picks up his csb tomorrow. and when he gets it home. you should go to his house and get a picture of his csb + ucsb. so i can compare =]

That being said... there are some of the higher end ones that look almost as stunning in white and natural sunlight...

Orange /yellow ones fair better in natural light from a pop perspective imo
Well it's going to be different for everyone, some people do run their tanks really blue just so they can see all the fluorescent colors that are only triggered by higher energy photons, so how any particular coral/anemone looks in your tank is going to be based on your lighting, so if you don't run heavy (all) blues then don't buy something based on that royal blue laser beam but hey the guy white balanced it back so it's real!

Then, it's about colors that are naturally there (reflection) versus colors that are artificially created via fluorescence/phosphorescence(I forget which one corals do). You put enough blue light over those ugly brown palythoas and they can look green due to the light, doesn't mean they're green palythoas though and they're still banned from frag swaps :D

If reflected light makes it look orange or yellow, then I'll call it orange/yellow bubble tip, after that blue lights might enhance that and fine, but if it reflects red, and fluoresces green I'm still calling it a red bubble tip and sure as hell not calling it a "rainbow". Not to say the ones Art saw were doing that, I'm just saying in general... as I get ready for MACNA in less than a week, and I'm bound to run into vendors that turn off all but the blue & violet spectrum of their LEDs over their tanks.

Here it is!

Again, subjective, but I think it's pretty sweet looking nem. Never seen a bubbletip with this much orange in it (in person). The oral disk is green, though at night I saw some streaks of white which I think some people think is pretty cool.

Anyone pick one up at AC? I think I saw someone pick one up on a build thread, but can't seem to find it.

43503708905_73a5c626a3_h.jpg

Back