Jestersix

Our DSA Neo 105 Build

The "wishbone" definitely looks like one piece. It looks great without coral. What do you guys plan to put on it? Acros? They will probably get somewhat the same PAR from the center through the left side of the wishbone ledge.

What did you use to cement your rock together?

But I love that piece you did, it gives it that feel of "oooh if l lean it against the back I can get a nice area to build" but you don't actually lean it against the back!

A Durso can be tuned to be pretty silent. But you will run into issues when going for a higher return flow. If you can get the water to stick to the side of the pipe and not ripple (thus drawing air in), it will be silent. But getting a big enough pipe to have a higher flow is challenging.

A bean animal has a full siphon which is tuned to your return flow. It is full siphon so no air gets in and so it is silent. The partial drain is to take the slight variance the return may have. The little trickle down the pipe will stick to the pipe and not cause noise. Then you have the safety of the emergency drain that will take the full return flow as well.

That sump n skimmer came from a tank tear down I purchased. Never used them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank Update Pics taken on June 20, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.09.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.08.17 PM.png

You have three tangs getting along... but how does your pygmy angel get along with other fish? Mine is pretty territorial and I’m thinking of trading her for a coral beauty in the future tank, but wondering if 40gal is just too small for her.

You have three tangs getting along... but how does your pygmy angel get along with other fish? Mine is pretty territorial and I’m thinking of trading her for a coral beauty in the future tank, but wondering if 40gal is just too small for her.
Yeah each fish has it's own temperament. Luckily my pygmy angel is semi-social and is even co-existing with an eibli angel. There are actually five tangs (3-yellow, 1-blue, 1-purple). Your tank size may have something to do with it. My purple tang used to be in a 45gallon with a smaller pygmy angel and the purple would always chase the angel. Now in the current tank the purple is bullied by the smallest yellow tang. Several days of mirrors on the outside definitely smoothed the transition of adding in new fish.

Best of luck!

Man that picture right there is why I'm so absolutely bursting out of my skin here wanting to get my tank up and running. As it stands my kid absolutely loves standing on a stool looking into the big fish pond on the floor, and grabbing a huge handful of food to feed (and hopefully daddy manages to catch most of it back in the can). I can only imagine seeing the fish nice and clear from the side instead of the blurry top view will make things a lot more fun

Last edited:
How are you liking the Kessil AP700 for your tank width? I mean is it everything you expected it to be ? That's the light I would like to get for my 48" wide tank.

thanks!

Back