Reef nutrition

Photos from Steinhart Aquarium trip

Post your pics here if you feel like adding to my small album, enjoy...

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

:)

Thanks for sharing! I think that the first alligator pic is my favorite, he is all like "Ahhh this is the liiife:D" And man those protein skimmers are HUGE:eek:!

Awesome! Really wish I could have made it. I almost find the behind the scenes stuff cooler than the tanks themselves. I have done the behind the scenes tour at the Mall of America tank, and at Georgia Aquarium.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah Humu.

They actually make their own salt mix and add each chemical themselves: Calcium, carbonates, bicarbonates, magnesium, trace elements , etc.

Hi guys and thanks for the comments :)

Mike, low light is not difficult if you have a camera that is capable of ridiculous ISO haha I think I shot some of my pics at 3200 ISO and addressed noise in post.

I too found it very interesting that they have local salt trucked in. Also the other interesting thing I had a convo with Matt about was their water filtration, they do not use RO or DI yet with good results. Considering that they have a full time staff member strictly testing water all day I feel better about venturing into the non-RO/DI world soon haha (we had a whole topic on that a few months ago).

OMG Claude is so awesome, he's basically the laziest alligator around haha. He's simply lounging with a smile on his face, I had to make the shot dark and grim looking to make him look somewhat sinister but I still failed to convey that hahahaha.
The morning group, did Mat share with you the story about being elbow deep in Claude's mouth? we had a good laugh with that one.

My wife surprised me a while back with the behind the scenes tour. It was pretty awesome. That's some major plumbing they've got in there.

Back