got ethical husbandry?

photoshoot of my 240 gallon mixed reef

JRocha

Supporting Member
here are some pics courtesy of my girlfriends photoshoot. tell me what you think
fowlerspics175.jpg

fowlerspics176.jpg

fowlerspics201.jpg

fowlerspics205.jpg

fowlerspics141.jpg

fowlerspics147.jpg

fowlerspics164.jpg

fowlerspics166.jpg

fowlerspics187.jpg

fowlerspics195.jpg

fowlerspics212.jpg

fowlerspics220.jpg

fowlerspics225.jpg

fowlerspics230.jpg

fowlerspics234.jpg

fowlerspics137.jpg

and here is the FTS
fowlerspics219.jpg

thanks for the compliments. just catching up on everything. will post more pics later and will explain everything and what is in my system. I will leave you with this. I have over 31 fish in the system and I just installed the ATI powermods. Looking to see how the lights do. wish me luck

so here it is. my tank started out as a 100 gallon reef tank by itself. then i wanted more water volume and different creatures without setting up new systems. so i decided to set up a 60 gallon which was fed by a mag pump in my sump which then gravity fed the first 20 gallon then gravity fed into the next 20 gallon then back to the sump to a filter sock. wish I had pics. was pretty cool looking. I had too many problems with my external overflow box so I decided to go bigger. thats how the 240 came into play. I first ordered the tank from truvu and had them custom build my 125 gallon sump which starts out with 4 filter socks then overflows into a refugium area then overflows into another section where I have a euro reef
RS 250 then overflows into a bubble trap and then the return pumps. I recently purchased 2 36" ATI Powermodules from Derek at Ocean Treasures. They are 8 x 39 watt T5 fixtures. I used to have 2 x 250 watt MH with 4 x 39 watt T5 lamps for actinics. I had too many heat problems and uneven light output. the pics are with the lights installed. waiting to see what happens. My roses just split off today again. now I have 12.

The fowlers tang came from Ocean Treasures. if you have been there u know which one it is. so beautiful. very passive fish towards my chevron and every other fish except towards both marine bettas and dwarf golden moray eel.

So here is my list of fish; 1 - Fowlers tang 1 - chevron tang 1 - mystery wrasse 1 - dwarf golden moray eel 1- flame hawkfish 1 - cherub angel 1 - randalls goby 1 - carribean sailfin blenny 1 - watchmen goby 3 - engineer gobies 2 - purple tile gobies 3 - orange firefish 2 - lyretail anthias 2 - marine bettas 5 - green chromis 2 - gold band maroon clowns 1 - phsycodelic manderin goby 2 - orange diamond gobies 5 - cleaner shrimp 2 - fire shrimp 1 - harliquin shrimp

thanks Derek . I owe alot of the tank inhabitants and lights to you. I really appreciate Ocean treasures for helping me out with the lights. I went back and forth on deciding on the ATI's. well worth the wait. Thanks again D for the help.

Back