High Tide Aquatics

Pixel's Office Tank

I think we're talking about different things. I didn't mean that the red grapes were calupera, but rather the leafy stuff on the left in the first image.

First Image, green leafy on far left - Calupera Taxifolia?
First Image, green leafy in foreground on right - Caulerpa Prolifera
First Image, dark red in background - Botryocladia Sp.
Second Image, red branching in foreground - ?

NP.. I will bring you some. It won't be much because as you can see, I don't have much ;D .. It will be enough for your nano though.

My inland aquatics order arrived today!

The firefish went back to the display tank at work (yay!) and I put all the new stuff into QT. Here's what the QT tank looks like:
2679416340_cc625f69fe_b.jpg

Morgan at Inland Aquatics made a custom macro algae pack for me. It includes Ochtodes (Blue Ball), Heymenia (Dragon's Tongue), and Halimeda (Cactus) algae. Here's the Ochtodes:
2679418962_abfa4cc3fb_b.jpg

I ordered a mating pair of green banded gobies. These guys are TINY (about an inch long) and, in my opinion, really really cute. You know you've got small fish when you start worrying that a pod might eat one. ;-) This one is posing with the Halimeda algae.
2679418240_3135328f32_b.jpg

2678599091_ccaf6cacd5_b.jpg

And here's the other, hanging out with the Ochtodes and Heymenia.
2679417236_320db46ba6_b.jpg

My green chromis, Truman, tragically went to the great reef in the sky. I decided to replace him with a green chromis, who I am going to name Truman. (he's named after The Truman Show, due to the fact that he unwittingly lives in a manufactured reality)
Truman is dead. Long live Truman.
2679415626_f17b1091d9_b.jpg

I also got a pair of trochus snails, though I don't have closeups of them. That's it! For the coming month I'm just going to be focusing on keeping these guys healthy and getting ready to QT some corals by frag swap time.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4040.msg49405#msg49405 date=1216402797]
Those are some trippy looking gobies. :)
[/quote]

Haha. Yeah... I saw a pic of them somewhere a while ago, and just knew I had to have 'em. I'm hoping this pair will mate. Then maybe I'll have even tinier little gobies to share with the club. :-D

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4040.msg49407#msg49407 date=1216403683]
DBTC gobies, I love it[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing :)

Sounds like it's doable
http://www.rcthawaii.com/research/5.htm

Yeah, I was looking at that page. It doesn't sound too difficult.

Maybe there are other fish that would be good DBTC candidates too. Bangaii Cardinals? They're mouth brooders and are a somewhat threatened species.

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4040.msg49415#msg49415 date=1216416530]

Maybe there are other fish that would be good DBTC candidates too. Bangaii Cardinals? They're mouth brooders and are a somewhat threatened species.[/quote]

There was a DBTC bangaii.... don't know what happened to it though

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4040.msg49426#msg49426 date=1216432725]
[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4040.msg49415#msg49415 date=1216416530]

Maybe there are other fish that would be good DBTC candidates too. Bangaii Cardinals? They're mouth brooders and are a somewhat threatened species.[/quote]

There was a DBTC bangaii.... don't know what happened to it though
[/quote]

I'd love to get a frag of that.

oh wait....

I want to build a hood that's easier to get into, so I'm thinking about upgrading my lighting while I'm at it. How many watts of MH would you guys recommend for a 20 gallon? I don't want to overdo it, but I'd like to make my future clam and sps comfy.

Here's what I got at the swap today. WOW!

DBTC Pickups:
Blue Palys (Thanks Tony!)
Purple Mushrooms (Thanks Norman!)
Lime Green Cap (Thanks George!)
Rainbow Yuma - (Thanks Levi!)

Swap Picks :
Mycedium
Pavona (came from dswong01. Thanks Dudley!)
Orange and Red cap.
Idaho Grape cap.
Yellow Toadstool
Blue Spot Mushrooms
Metallic Green Mushrooms
Unknown Zonthid

Stuff other people gave me:
Big Zoanthid Colony (Thanks Sergio!)
Nuclear Green Zoanthid (Thanks Kelly!)
Pom-Pom Xenia (Thanks Mike!)
4 different (and awesome) macro algaes. (Thanks Sam and Phong!)

If I've misattributed something, or if there's something that's supposed to be DBTC that I listed as not, please let me know and accept my apologies.

No problem Pixel.. I got those macroaglae from other BAR members too. It's not a DBTC but pass it on after it grows out a bit ;) ..

Back