Jestersix

Possible Ich?

Use your judgment, I cannot see the fish, if you feel like the fish is going downhill by all means transfer the fish to QT, if it doesn't seem to be getting any worse or better, you're better off in display IMO.

Thanks Jeremy, these guys are active and eating. I don't want to stress them out by putting them in a smaller tank. I'll pick up some of the Arti-Pods this weekend. I'm hoping these guys can fight it off.

I found the food I wanted to send you. I'll send it out Monday overnight for a Tuesday arrival :)

Its all anecdotal at this point, but there is a lot of believable anecdotal evidence. That said, its really hard to tell if it works or not due to the lifecycle of ich. It could do something to the parasite. It could get the fish to eat more. It could do nothing. :D

My fish (purple tang/ xhatch trigger) had Ich.
I fed them food laced with garlic.
They don't have Ich anymore. :party:

Thales said:
Its all anecdotal at this point, but there is a lot of believable anecdotal evidence. That said, its really hard to tell if it works or not due to the lifecycle of ich. It could do something to the parasite. It could get the fish to eat more. It could do nothing. :D

I seem to remember an article in one of the Aquaculture mags I read that had more then just anecdotal evidence. I'll see if I can scare the article up. FWIW it wasn't just on garlic but many feed additives, their background and such.

Shoot with out going into work I can't find any references doing a google search and the magazines in question. I did come up with this one of which I remember being referenced... it's on fish/feeding/weight gain using allicin

http://www.idosi.org/wjfms/wjfms1(1)09/8.pdf

Well the clownfish that doesn't have any spots on it is definitely showing signs of ich. He's rubbing on the sand every now and then. Chills at the top of the tank and is hiding. Even seen the fish take a dive bomb. The other clownfish even though has spots seems to be more active and is not hiding. Also looks looks like his gills are opening and closing rapidely. I think he just follows the other clownfish. I think its time for this guy to go in QT. Should I put both clownfishes in?

As for the heniochs he's seems to be ok so far. The spots come and go and he's eating and swimming around. However, his colors are fading a bit.

They (heni and clown) are covered in ich this morning. The heni is still doing good. He eats and twitches every now and then. The clowns are in hiding most of the time and are starting to be picky with what they are eating. I bought some arcti-pods but they barely eat it.

I shut down the return pump for a short amount of time. I'm wondering if that's why they are covered in ich now???

If the fish are always in the DT when will the parasite cycle end? Will they always be there reinfecting my fish? If they don't have a host than it should die off after 8 weeks? I don't think I'll be adding another fish in the near future. :(

Back