Cali Kid Corals

Possible Meeting site for Frag swap and other events

No, let’s keep the rants coming. Remember when you didn’t have to pay for bags at the grocery store? It was supposed to stop the use of plastic bags. Every store started using paper bags and charging you $.10 for them. Now there are stores (Target is the one I can think of) that charge you for bags and you still get a plastic bag. Did you know that the store can choose to charge you whatever they want for the bags (they could still give them for free if they wanted to) and they keep the money from it. It doesn’t go towards cleaning up the landfills or anything like that. They just get to make money off of it and say it’s the law now. I know they don’t pay $.10 per bag like we’re being charged.

I guess I shouldn’t even bring it up since I live in Colorado now and get all the free plastic bags I could ever want. I think I’ll go buy a stick of gum and have them put it in a bag for me; you know, because it’s free.

You still work over on this side of the bay?

And yeah I can believe it passed, because there were next to zero counter arguments (aka commercials) to make counter points to it and every single "for" commercial/ad I saw simply said something along the ideas of "Pass this measure to get more mass transit" with ZERO mention of what it actually did to raise said money. They were banking really hard on the "people who don't read the details" voting block, and I think they hit paydirt.
I do and thats gonna hurt

We may have considered this already, but I have gotten free meeting space at Sports Basement before. They love hosting for the community and give out coupons for all that attend.

Not sure if they'd be down to host a frag swap, but it could be a possibility. I think they would like the purpose of what we're doing?

My wife's baby wearing group used to do meetings at Sports Basement, however they did occasionally have to watch out for overstock items that needed to be stored :D

Back