got ethical husbandry?

PraziPro Reef Safe?

Gomer said:
3) Your accusations are sweeping, discrediting the practices of the entire ORA company, but I still haven't see any proof beyond this ONE INSTANCE.

No worries, a nice easily won libel lawsuit will change his tune for ever.

houser said:
What was the salinity in the bag when you got this new fish vs. your tank? Did you check that? Curious.
You haven't mentioned anything about heavy breathing so that's good. WC or CB? Just trying to figure out what this fish has been through in last little bit. Does it even know how to eat prepared foods (if WC?)

Sad to say, but it's an ORA Picasso. ORA's quality has really declined in my opinion. I thought they had a good reputation. I'm currently trying to color-up 5 ORA frags that browned-out and slightly bleached.

Didn't check the salinity of the water he came from, but I drip acclimated him and his friend for an hour or more. His friend (also an ORA picasso) seems just fine. His friend is eating very well and has been stuffing himself with all of the food that the sick one didn't eat.

When the halide goes off, (I put four layers of window screen over the tank to dim the halide) I close my window shades and turn off my room light so the fish can sleep, which is probably the most important thing for him right now. They both go to the corner to sleep whenever I turn the lights off.

I was upset when my fish was acting strange. I jumped to conclusions which was unnessasary. I went back and edited my post containing the "accusations" to where it expresses my opinion rather than states an untrue fact. I wasn't trying to say untruths in any ways and having this discussion in this thread has brought to light that it could've been the shipment going through harsh weather. I've talked to a few people on other forums who say they have LFS that order from ORA and received brown frags, though I have no physical evidence of that, however it's not wrong for me to hold opinions.

I understand they have a grading system. What I was suing was there is no UNIVERSAL grading system, meaning there isn't oe used by every reefer everywhere.

Can somebody close this thread? It's no longer useful to my problem and we are getting nowhere arguing over something that I know I did wrong and will not do next time.

Sorry no do overs. This is real life. Live with what you said and own it.

Hmmm.
Kids make mistakes. Lots of them. And they don't always listen so well.
It sometimes drives you up the wall.

Pointing out those mistakes is great, for all sides. And I am not a fan of "coddling" them.

But (false) talk about lawsuits, going to "go kill more fish and coral," and other harsh comments, sure seems over
the top in this situation.

That said, I don't know the whole situation, and perhaps I am over-reacting because of PTA work on
some recent local school cyber-bullying issues.

rygh said:
Hmmm.
Kids make mistakes. Lots of them. And they don't always listen so well.
It sometimes drives you up the wall.

Pointing out those mistakes is great, for all sides. And I am not a fan of "coddling" them.

But (false) talk about lawsuits, going to "go kill more fish and coral," and other harsh comments, sure seems over
the top in this situation.

That said, I don't know the whole situation, and perhaps I am over-reacting because of PTA work on
some recent local school cyber-bullying issues.

You have no idea and your last sentence is what you should leave it at.

Feel free to test a Libel case. I have and I know what was said could lead to one. Having such things happen to you that costs you money really opens your eyes to such things.

have a nice day!

I have used Prazi Pro and found that it does indeed work but you have to dose 3 times as much as it instructs to kill any pests. It will kill your fish if you do not do a water change and if you use a stronger dose than directed. I found out that regular dosing does not kill pests on coral however I do not know results on fish.
My advice is to take out your sick fish or coral and put it into a quarentine tank. Then use the dosage as directed on the bottle for 3 to 4 weeks and I would do water changes after 48 hours. It does not say to do a water change but I found that my skimmer goes crazy and you might as well change the water to get any of the dead pests out of the tank. I had a few corals that had AEFW and after 3 weeks of intense dosing I was able to get rid of the pests. Thank goodness the corals were new(sorry not telling where I got them) and in my quarentine tank! Good luck!

Back