Cali Kid Corals

Propping Codium

So a DBTC frag I received a while back is now covered with what I believe from the googl'ing I've done to be codium. It is a really cool looking algae/seaweed. It glows super neon green under acitinics but looks splotchy, calcerous and and white under a 150w 14k phoenix. No matter, I still like the way it looks.

I was wondering how to I propagate this stuff? I would love to give some out to any members in BAR that want some. I don't even know where to start...

codium isn't bad. its easily prop'd also. you can cut and glue it like corals. i don't find it invasive like caulerpa, bryopsis ;) jay i believe the macro your referring to is, neomeris.

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=6712.msg88684#msg88684 date=1237138763]
codium isn't bad. its easily prop'd also. you can cut and glue it like corals. i don't find it invasive like caulerpa, bryopsis ;) jay i believe the macro your referring to is, neomeris.
[/quote]

:) Your far from "most" in this case Sam.

Sam, your codium is invasive on your favia;) It has twice covered every spec of the rock :p pretty yes, but I can see where it can be invasive.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6712.msg88832#msg88832 date=1237163633]
[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=6712.msg88684#msg88684 date=1237138763]
[/quote]

:) Your far from "most" in this case Sam.
[/quote]

lolol the guy i got it from initially.. holy cow. his whole tank was infested with it. tank, overflow, rocks, pumps. it's doing the same in my tank right now. i don't mind it tho. i think what caused it to sporulate was me pushing down the broken stems into the sand bed. a few weeks later i see sprouts everywhere on my rocks :D

Erick said:
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/3959

wait isnt this "Codium?"

6ac41ddf58fad249a88567d954c7397d.image.400x400.jpg

Sam knows.....
SAM????

It is a type of codium, that one looks like Codium Taylorii. But I was thinking they were talking about the neomeris because he was dbtc'ing it under codium last time.

Back