High Tide Aquatics

Questions about lights similar to Orphek

yngplo

Supporting Member
Hi all, I'm trying to size down from a 120 gallon aqueon, maybe an IM 50, 60SR or INT 75.

My problem is that I have 2 Orphek Atlantiks sitting on top of a custom canopy I made for my tank. When I size down to a rimless tank I'm looking to get some smaller lights similar to orpheks, as I can't drill into the ceiling where my tank is.

I'm considering trading my Orpheks out for a smaller light with a better mounting system, as I don't trust their hang on the back mounting system.

What do you guys recommend would be good lights for this situation?

I’m a fan of Radions. For the IM50 you can get away with using one XR30 and RMS tank mount. For the SR60 and INT75 two XR15 with the RMS tank mounts would be a great fit and provide ample coverage. Pro and Blue models are available depending on your corals and preference. Mobius app is night and day better than the Atlantik app for controllability.

I’m a fan of Radions. For the IM50 you can get away with using one XR30 and RMS tank mount. For the SR60 and INT75 two XR15 with the RMS tank mounts would be a great fit and provide ample coverage. Pro and Blue models are available depending on your corals and preference. Mobius app is night and day better than the Atlantik app for controllability.
Thanks for the response! Two XR15's would be alright to light up a mixed reef?

If you want to go brand new and you're planning on having the tank somewhere you watch TV or work, you could consider ReeFi uno 2.0s. They have very little side glare and put out more PAR vs. an XR30. Can cover 24x24" easily at the price of one XR15.

If you want to go brand new and you're planning on having the tank somewhere you watch TV or work, you could consider ReeFi uno 2.0s. They have very little side glare and put out more PAR vs. an XR30. Can cover 24x24" easily at the price of one XR15.
I’ll look into this as well, thank you for the recommendation!

I think I’ll order some reefi unos and mount them on with some kessil arms and a piece of 1010 aluminum.

When I get around to this I’ll let you know how it goes!

I think I’ll order some reefi unos and mount them on with some kessil arms and a piece of 1010 aluminum.

When I get around to this I’ll let you know how it goes!
Daniel (the owner) can custom print out any brackets you need to fit the type of mount you go with. @Some Rando and @Alexander1312 have them on their tanks also if you want to check their build threads.

Has anyone here used shelving brackets as a light mount before? If I can find suitable ones maybe I won't have to change my lighting system.

Back