High Tide Aquatics

Reef dynamics skimmer body

Anyone want it? the pump died out on me. Purchased a new skimmer as replacement pumps were very expensive. Reef dynamics INS180, 11.5 x 13 x 24
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 11.30.10 AM.png

yeah I believe they are the same company
yeah they are one in the same. Reef Dynamics bought out the euro reef name and patents. The guys that ran RD, were former Euroreef members.
From what i heard. Both company's have closed up shop. Another one bites the dust. Just like the "reefkeeper"

Oh? Digital Aquatics went out of business too? Guess Neptune just bullied them out of the market. Was a shame, their Reef Keeper wasn't that bad of a system, and if anything they were fairly innovative with the modular design (it predated the Apex, in fact the first Apex units looks very much like RKE knockoffs), then some time ago they pushed their "Archon" controller, and that may have been what did them in. Step 1: Build up customer base with a product, Step 2: Release new product and completely alienate your customer base due to lack of compatibility Step 3: No profit.

Thanks; most likely skimmer will find a future home here on BAR once I find a proper pump; I had a bunch of Sedra pumps for this type of skimmer but gave them away a couple years back but I can play with it and what I have.

I have a Sedra for an ASM G3, brand new still in the box. I bought it for an ASM G3 body I bought without a pump, but my girlfriend knocked it off the storage rack and it shattered on the garage floor. If it's the right size, you can have it cheap.

I have a Sedra for an ASM G3, brand new still in the box. I bought it for an ASM G3 body I bought without a pump, but my girlfriend knocked it off the storage rack and it shattered on the garage floor. If it's the right size, you can have it cheap.

I have a knack for picking up stuff that might no be useful anymore to some people then I wait for the time someone is looking for X piece of equipment or to jump-start newcomers into the hobby. This is how sometimes I cannot move in the basement; I pick up more than I should...
Send me a pm with the price of the pump.

You could always convert it to a venturi skimmer and run any pump. That's what i would do at least :)

Yeah, I have a couple spare pumps, a SkimRite (Askoll Powerjet 900) which I found last week; I believe I bought it because I wanted a replacement pump for a BK Mini-160 (just in case) but the motor block's screw holes are not set as the original Askoll Laguna. Another one is a Sicce with the pin-wheel.
With a tank teardown couple months ago, a skimmer body was given to me; ER CS6-2 but no pump. So I just have to wait for the right time and work on it.

Back