Neptune Aquatics

RIP and new life

My female clown died last week; unknown reason suspecting a parasite.

Yesterday while feeding the tank in the basement I found that my pair of maroon clowns are now a breeding pair; it was a bit hard to have them bond in the beginning; the female beat up couple times the little male but I was there to prevent any further injuries. I was not expecting for them to be a breeding pair but lucky me. Now the chromis in the same tank will enjoy some free, freshly hatched food but they have to be patient, the female clown keeps them at a distance and they sure don't want to mess with that temper.

I was surprised they breed; I wanted the large clown to have a companion but reading about maroons being super-territorial I was afraid it would kill the new guy; I tried a ~2" clown first and was a misfortune when I looked the other way it was like Pacqiao was beating up a punching bag so out it went to the holding tank; I acquired a clown again from OTA, tiny little guy and took me about 10 days of releasing from the in-tank holding container for a few minutes daily until the female said "hey handsome come over here by my anemone"

Back