Jestersix

Rob's Addiction

Does spectracide stump remover not work adequately for potassium nitrate dosing? If not pure enough, what are the harmful parts? I know people have been nitrate dosing with that for some time. And I am just starting to. So would love to know what you know if there are drawbacks to using it.

Does spectracide stump remover not work adequately for potassium nitrate dosing? If not pure enough, what are the harmful parts? I know people have been nitrate dosing with that for some time. And I am just starting to. So would love to know what you know if there are drawbacks to using it.

I've never heard of it. Do you know what is in it?

It is supposedly 99% potassium nitrate. There are a few articles on reef2reef and such about using it for nitrate dosing. Some people have apparently talked to the manufacturer about what it is made of.

You can find it at Home Depot and/or Amazon.

It is supposedly 99% potassium nitrate. There are a few articles on reef2reef and such about using it for nitrate dosing. Some people have apparently talked to the manufacturer about what it is made of.

You can find it at Home Depot and/or Amazon.
Thanks - i'll look into it.

What tank did you buy off CL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Marineland 150 DD. It'll have to be an interim tank for probably a few years, as I didn't want to put a larger tank in my house until I can get it assessed by a structural engineer. I'll start a new thread now.

Good news is most of the corals seem fine (except by blastos, which are the just the pickiest things if you even look at them the wrong way...) I accidentally fragged a tenuis, so I put the frag in the new tank, which had been set up all of one day at the time. So far it seems fine.

Back