Jestersix

Rodeo Beach

I'm not sure if any of you have ever been to this beach, but I went for the first time just the other day. An amazing beach, that I will need to visit again, when I have more time on my hands.

4673355391_ef1a8c3934.jpg

4673982082_0af478d8bd.jpg

Nice equipment doesn't automatically equal nice photos. The photographer must create and capture. VN - Keep it up!

sid700 said:
Where is it?

I took these at Rodeo Beach, which is about 20 minutes North of San Francisco.
A great place to go on a nice day. Look out for the potholes, and pits in the pavement ... there are a lot of big ones down that way. I would bet they're bad enough to give you a flat if it isn't your day.

iCon said:
Nice equipment doesn't automatically equal nice photos. The photographer must create and capture. VN - Keep it up!

Thanks man :)

nudibranch said:
It looks really beautiful.

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) It was more beautiful in person though!

Hey Anthony,
Those pictures are looking spectacular.
I was curious and don't remember if you had mentioned what lens you were using for these shots.
Joyce

tapmorf said:
Hey Anthony,
Those pictures are looking spectacular.
I was curious and don't remember if you had mentioned what lens you were using for these shots.
Joyce

Thanks Joyce, for your encouraging words :)

I don't think I ever mentioned what I used for the shots in this thread -I used the Canon 17-40L. It's times like these at the beach, or anywhere else, that I am glad I have the 17-40L in my bag :D

A_Lee said:
kinetic said:
i like the tunnel you have to go through to get there =)

Yeah, it is a little creepy at night time though ... :)
It's fun to drive through too :D

I used to come back through that at like 2am when i was workign out at the Marine Mammal Center it is a little freaky. Plus you never know what kind of wildlife you may see out there. Had a bobcat jump out of a dumpster once when I was taking out the trash.

First time I went out there the driver went to the bridge lookout parking lot then continues driving into the back left corner. I thought she had lost it and we were going off the cliff. That cliff edge ride down to the lighthouse then lagoon is so wild, the tunnel seems tame.

Back