High Tide Aquatics

Rose Bubble Quadricolor Divided

Hi,

My Quadricolor (see link for my picture) divided about 2 AM I caught it happening it took a few hours, but not on video. http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=547

I'll probably want to trade it for something unusual and beautiful

I would consider
SPSs such as Purple Tri Color, or ORA Roscoe's Blue or California Blue Tortuisa Acro: Preferably the Tri Color,
or possible LPS such as a unusal Ultra chalice such as Watermelon Taffy , or Aussie Acan Lord Coral (blue and red, or green and purple combo's). Or even a healthy Orange Fungia.

I'll probably capture it after posting this @ 3am, so I can find it easily. Just in. Okay: Made sure it did divide, it wasn't an halucination. The 2nd generation appears to be 2" across it's a whopper. Can't belieive I caught this. I guess that's what happens when your up past 3 in the morning checking on your critters. Obession? Yes, at least for me. Hoping to find good trade and home. Otherwise, I my have to forgo the blue carpet at OTA and make room for a new baby RBTA.

I know there are some members who are into RBTAs. This one is a beauty and will give preference to those who have success with them in the past. I know I saw a post recently of a member that has the entire tank filled with them (that are healthy). Can't remember who, but It needs to go to a healthy tank with good RBTA experience.

That's it for now, I'm off to a round up. Just in
3:35AM, and the deed is done. Blew some air under pod with ye ole turkey baster and it is in my anemone quarantine container. Whew, that was easier than I thought, and only one rock out of place. :) Yea. Okay let the games begin. Here are a couple of pictures shot under my led hand held dive light (there un-retouched). See links below

Hope I'm on the right page and I'm not breaking any rules. SO Exciting, I am a new daddy :). I'll post this to my Tank Journal page too. That should be safe....

Thank you,
Joel

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_2884_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_2886_0.JPG

lol..ok, I can see that you are really excited about this one lol. Rightly so especially since you got to see it happen. buuuuuttt...It would be good of you to keep Buy/sell/trade to buy sell trade, DBTC to DBTC and journal stuff to the Tank Journal threads :) Triple posting a BST ends up working against you here.

That's cool Joel.. Hopefully mine will spit someday.

I would give it time to heal before trading it though. 1-2 week should be good. :)

very cool :) And I see what you mean about being a night owl. Expecting we'll be talking many o' late nights :) And you make me laugh, a bonus in my book :)

Since we now have a "open" friendship, I think what Tony was getting at is most usually post the majority of their Buy Sell Trade post in that forum. Tank Journals are mainly for documenting. One way to approach that is to make two postings, one in the tank journal and the other in the buy/Sell/trade and put each link in the other thread :)

Hi Phong,

Thank you for your post.

I like the idea of waiting a spell, so I can enjoy it that much longer, and it also gives the anemone better structure/ form. It was a little jelly like to the touch (now it's firming up). Fortunately, after blowing some air under it, it was easy to contain and quarantine. My wife is suggesting I keep it, so now I'm looking for places to let it set. It was just about 4-6 inches from the parent, so I am thinking of placing it back in that spot if we keep it. I don't think they sting each other, or do they? Not really sure. Interested in knowing though. I'm sort of sorry I quarrentined it, but what's done is done; and can be undone. So many questions. My head is spinning.

Joel

Thanks Gresham.

Your post was clear and to the point and informative. Just what I like; and especially all the smilies too. Super.

I'm a happy reefer or is that camper....

Yea, I had a little difficulty getting to sleep. I kept creeping down the stairs to keep from waking my wife and other pets to see that little bugger.

I enjoy your posts and good humor too.

Well's it's off to do a couple of WCs.

BFN
joel
"I can see you've done this before"

Hi Joel !

It's an event to be cheerful, I experienced the same, well kind of; my RBTA just went into a crevice and I thought it was about to be gone, it looked weird, kept me waking up to check on it, after all if it died I had to take it out, don't want anything to nuke the tank.
I woke up and saw the anemone on a different rock all happy then I noticed the original rock it was on and to my surprise there was another RBTA !!
My clowns now spawn very often, we came home from a short vacation and I wanted to check on my babies after five days of absence, to my surprise there was a massive mat of freshly spawned eggs !!
Everyone at home went nuts.

Cool story.

Is this Mario?

Freshly Spawned Eggs. Yum. :Sp

Was the clutch from the B&W Occellaris or some other clowns in your tank?

Your story, about the RBTA, is just like mine too.

The RBTA, parent, started, too, into a crevice, (after staying in the same place for months). Then, I started to grow concerned, so I tuned the ledge over to expose it to the light. Then, I became more concerned that it would be unhappy; and might start moving around and stinging stuff. The past couple of days, it was moving back and forth along this big ledge. Last night I saw my clown fish - the Frenatus - swiming away from the RBTA which is unusual too. That kept on for a couple of hour after the tank lights went out. Before getting ready to retire, I peaked in on them, and saw what I thought was 2 RBTA. I thought I was halucinating, but after futher inspection, I wasn't. The rest is history. I think I can keep Jr. alive without any problems.

It's fun posting with you.

Happy reefing,
Joel

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/Baby RBTA.JPG

Hi Gomer,

I'm so emabarrased :shy: Not sure why, but I'm going to use a lot of smiley faces.

Yes. Exciting times :0) ( here in the Colletti house :crown: Not really sure why you're LOL'ng. Can you tell we don't have children? :0) (I don't think I want you to answer that Tony. Not sure what will come out of your keyboard.) :ghost:

In doing this for the first time H) , at 3:30 in the morning :tired: , and all the excitement :party: :beer: left me with the age old question :quest: "which board should I post this glorious event too." 0:) I'm not sure how it's "...working against you...." (?) So please enlighten my o' wise one :hat: . :0)

I would like to be as efficient as possible :glasses: in handling this, and don't want to get put under house arrest :davie: by the board police. :( (It's painful having the "screws put to you". (I'm not sure what that's suppose to mean either :~ . Just heard it in a "b" crime drama; and it sounded painful - that's all) :quest: :quest: :quest:

Just looking for a good home for this special event :party: . Any constructive help would be welcomed. I hope you understand. Your post leaves me with just that question. Please advise.... :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) :0) missed one :(( (Gresham would be so proud of me) :love:

I would appreciate a clear understanding :glasses: how you would like me to post this. You're post leaves me a bit befuddled :~ . I'm being funny, or am I?

I' havent't had my coffee yet, and probally a bit bummed out that you're the only one, so far, beside one other member :bigsmile: that had something nice to say that responded to my post. I though I would have treasures at my door. $) Oh well, Christmas is just around the corner. :santa: I don't know what that means, but I like the Santa smiley. Is any of this leaving you feeling good :star: ? I hope so. I think, in time, I'll learn from learn from you and be a good B.A.R. poster :star: H) . I want this more than anything I tell you. :love:

All these smilies really brighten this post up. But seriously Gomer, I welcome you direction and tutelage. Maybe you can give a class for the new kids on the block / boards?

Hopefully with all the time it took me to write this, which was more time then it took to corral the baby anemone, someone will have made me an exchange offer. If not, well I sure had a lot of fun with similes. Can't wait to preview this. :glasses: Oh good coffee is ready.

BTW: This is not how I like to start my day or threads :eek:( Please don't kick me off the boards Charles. Have mercy on me please. I beg of you: Please pardon me Mr. President. (43 smilies by my count :glasses: oops now 44. Who said I can't banter, oops that was me :shy: Darn: 45 smilies. Is that a BAR's record?

Thank you Gomer: Seriously. Please feel free to let me know how I could have done a beter job. By now, you may be able to tell I strive for prefection in all facets of my being. You don't have to use as many smilies but it may make reading your post even more enjoyable. Have a nice day. Really. I mean that.

Congrat's Joel on your newest addition to the family. :party: I've had numerous splits of my rbta also...6 to be exact on one rock :exmark: Not sure if it was temperature change, water change, etc. :quest:
I'm pretty sure you can get $20-$40 bucks/trade for that little guy or let it grow out for more $) .

-Jim

Hi John,

Thanks a bunch John for your post. I'm really glad to hear from you and to receive this news from you.

I knew there was a member that has been having great success with them and I was looking to make that connection, so I'm glad you found me on the boards.

I like the idea of holding and growing it out for more money. I have it contained, but thought I should have left it next to the 1st gen. I just wasn't sure if they would sting each other and then the 2 gen would scoot around the tanks stinging my SPSs and LPSs.

This is a photo of the 2nd gen after 10 mins of dividing. It was pretty big, and now it's firming up and looking a whole lot better and bigger.
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=549

The next picture is of the 1st Gen: It has great color and the 2nd Gen is really developing great color too (just a week later it almost looks as nice as the 1st gen.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=542

This 3rd picture is of the Frenatus that may have been responsible for the division as it has been loving the RBTA to the point of irratation (I think) I don't think it was the heat as I'm running the system on a good chiller.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=547

Please feel free to keep this post/thread open with me as I am interested in your POV and enjoy folks like you and your experience on this topic. I look forward to meeting you in the field.

Happy Reefing.

Sincerely,
Joel

Back