Kessil

Seahorses

They are relatively easy to keep if you find aquacultured seahorses. I bought hippocampus erectus that were already trained to eat brine and mysis. That was more than half the battle. They do need places to latch on so they can perch and rest. I feed mine twice a day also. Really cool animals and actually come to the front glass because they know who you are. I feel like ordering from ORA would be a wise choice because they are already trained to eat.

They are relatively easy to keep if you find aquacultured seahorses. I bought hippocampus erectus that were already trained to eat brine and mysis. That was more than half the battle. They do need places to latch on so they can perch and rest. I feed mine twice a day also. Really cool animals and actually come to the front glass because they know who you are. I feel like ordering from ORA would be a wise choice because they are already trained to eat.

I want to sea pics your horses! Also loving the fruitloops! Thanks so much.

I think if you had a bunch of gorgonions or red grape algae they would probably cling to those, i heard they are sensitive to temperature swings.

I have pretty much three tanks. One frag tank 55g, 15g seahorse, and 100g display. The 100g is not in my house but is in a dental office. But sure let me know pretty busy this weekend however

I have pretty much three tanks. One frag tank 55g, 15g seahorse, and 100g display. The 100g is not in my house but is in a dental office. But sure let me know pretty busy this weekend however
No hurry. I just moved into the area so I'm not going anywhere for a while lol. Still trying to pull stuff out of boxes myself.

sorry, but what is ORA?

Oh, wow. Now I am thinking about seahorses because of this thread. I had some about ten years ago and although I prepared for it for a long time let's just say it did not go well. Sounds like this specialty has come a long way. Although I have nothing to contribute, thanks for posting! (And yes, we had jellyfish in our classroom last year and will again later this fall. We will get our brine shrimp and rotifer cultures running again, too.)

We just got in 6 captive bred H. Erectus couple days ago. 2 left. Eating frozen Mysis. Special price of $49.99. Once new batch arrive, they'll be $79.99.

Not hard to keep if you have them eating frozen mysis. Recommend PE mysis.
Keep temp at 75 or below so you may need a chiller. No stingy corals and no aggressive at all tank mates. Pretty low flow. Need a tank with some height to it.

Back