Our mission

Search Disabled

The website has occasionally been extremely slow lately. I think the search module may be the primary culprit so I've disabled it for now. I'll see how that goes and then either re-enable it or install a different search engine.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you really need to find something and can't please let me know and I'll try to help.

I found it was hard to use =/ like if you search something it finds the thread and not the post so 20 page threads would be hard, or maybe i was clicking the wrong part of the search results

Here I was thinking that Russian gal on the TV was right and things were running sluggish because of a virus :D

or install a different search engine.

Yes please! Maybe one that allows you to search by user name and order them by date posted :)

pixelpixi said:
The website has occasionally been extremely slow lately. I think the search module may be the primary culprit so I've disabled it for now. I'll see how that goes and then either re-enable it or install a different search engine.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you really need to find something and can't please let me know and I'll try to help.
Cool I thought it was just me but I guess it is the site being slow.

sfsuphysics said:
Here I was thinking that Russian gal on the TV was right and things were running sluggish because of a virus :D

or install a different search engine.

Yes please! Maybe one that allows you to search by user name and order them by date posted :)

Search by user name is easy. Go the the user profile and search their post history manually :p

Yeah but sometimes I want to search for name + string. Often I remembered a thread and I know I replied to it, and I said a particular phrase/word/etc and want to find it. Now for the new user searching is fine, however when you have posts in the thousands it can be a little problematic.

Erin, the site seems to be working much better since the search function was disabled. Thanks! Earlier in the week, it was incredibly slow.

Heh.. and to think I was about to toss my router on monday and get a new one (I found the site, and a few others, to be very slow on monday)

most of you probably know this, but i just use google and search BAR, or any other forums. I just type this into the google search box:

site:bareefers.org whatever u are searching for

Back