Neptune Aquatics

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Already considered. We are going to mount 2 4" icecap fans on top to pull air out and 2 4" icecaps on the back in the lower compartment to pull air in. We are also going to cut 3 holes between compartments (one between the 2 luminarcs and one on each side of the luminarcs) to allow the air that is taken in to pull through to the top compartment and then out the top.

Nice Bryan!

I will take 2 of your 250 watt ballasts if you are still ditching them.

I know I am late to the party, but I don't think you will be happy with the OM and the closed loop. I think you would be much happier with two vortechs instead of the closed loop, both with flow and ease of use.

Not all bulkheads leak, but some do, and they need to be replaced. If they are below the water line, replacing them sucks. Even siliconed bulkheads can leak, and they are even harder to replace because of the silicone. Bulkheads far below the waterline make me very nervous, eventhough people do do it. Replacing them sucks and if there is a leak anywhere in the line, you can drain your tank. We used to put the bulkheads in the bottom of tanks in the 80's, but stopped because the risk was too great. If it were me, I would seal the holes a go a different route. But thats me, and you know what my tank currently looks like :D

Besides that, the setup looks sweet! I am glad you are replacing your current tank with this beast and buying your wife a mac!

Rich, the Icecaps are all yours.

Kind of married to the CL at this point but depending on the flow may decide to use a vortech or my Tunze 6100 to add to the flow.

Got my temp tank all set up and ready. Look at all of this juicy rock just waiting to go into the new tank, packed in to the hilt.

Picture007.jpg

Also picked up a new addition. Never seen one in a store before but I am a big fan. A Jewel tang

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

He wasn't a big fan of sitting still to let me tank his picture.

Ok starting to plan for the big upgrade day. I have set the date as Sat Jan 17th for the move barring any problems with the tank etc being ready.

My plan is to take Friday off work and start with the breakdown of my old tank and possibly try to head down to Max's to pick up the stand and the hood and any other equipment I can carry in my car.
Will take all of the rock that has been seeding in the temp tank and place it temporarily in some trash cans.
Next I will move all of my livestock to the temp tank including corals and fish.
Then I will drain the water from my tank into my sump and containers.
Lastly I will cut the plumbing from the floor to the tank.

Saturday

Move the old tank out of the house down to the garage.
Go to Max's and pick up the tank
Move the new tank and stand into the house
Replumb back to the garage
Set up all of the equipment.
Refill with water and place the new rock as well as some of my old existing rock.
Add back all of the livesotck. (remainder of Sat and Sunday)

Gonna be a very fun yet hectic weekend I am sure.

and rock from the old tank on Friday night. in the morning followed by a drive down to Max's in to pick up the tank

Wow planned like it was done by an accountant :D

I should be available Friday and Saturday, school starts up then, but it's still going to be the first week or so, so shouldn't be terribly hectic as far as what I need to do.

Once a year I go on a one week vacation and offcourse it is from the 15th to the 22nd. Wish I could have been there to help. :(

Planning now on renting one of these to make the lift up to room level easier and save mine as well as my volunteer's backs a little. Then it is just a short 10 foot move to its eventual resting place.

IMG00046-20081226-1156.jpg

Tha black acrylic from the cutting board company came in and picked up the ball union valves for the closed loop. The canopy and stand just need a clear coat and to have the hardware installed and they should be good to go.

Damn is it time to move this friggin thing yet?

Decided to move a few of my nicer things to another reefers tank...Thanks Aldie... in case my tank has decided to go through a slight cycle due to the addition of all of the rock into my overall system. One of my larger pieces a blue hoeksma (sp) decided it wasn't very happy and suddenly started to RTN most everything else looks fine but I figure better to be safe then sorry.

Do you still have alot to pick up? We have a F250 crew cab long bed to help make it in one trip or can hook up the car trailer, that is how we moved my tank car trailer one trip. Let me know and we can plan to help.

Yep that is still the plan Tony. I am planning on braking the old tank down on Friday and then Mikey and I are going to pick everything up on Friday (including the tank, hood, stand and the lift) with the hope that Saturday will just be moving , plumbing and setup of the new tank. If all goes as planned with the lift, the bulk of the heavy lifting will be from the trailer onto a cart which will be rolled to the back of the house on the concrete patio and then from the lift into the house which would be all of about 8 feet. Hopefully the bulk of what I will need are some strong backs and some assistance with the plumbing oand other fine details. the closed loop will be preplumbed (i.e. just needed to be glued in place) and the return lines are already in place from my old setup and thus would only need to be tapped into.

Back